Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Pedestrian protection system error message

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Hi all,
The above error reared it's head yesterday on my 2018 RS ZB. From what I can gather this raises the rear of the bonnet in a collision.
My car is still under warranty for 25 days but I think it's probably better leaving as is to avoid a cost repair bill should I hit a dog etc.
What are your thoughts?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Get it looked at by the dealer IMMEDIATELY as this is a safety issue...

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
It may be a safety issue but it saves me thousands of dollars and 6-8 weeks of waiting for new bonnet and hinges etc.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yes the hinge of the bonnet has an actuator that will pop up in a front end collision and if one of the actuators is not detected it will throw errors.
it could be corrosion/water in the plug, bad wiring etc.
take it to the dealer and get it lodged as a fault before the warranty runs out.

dont stress too much as it will just mean the bonnet will not popup if you have a collision, all other safety systems will fire as expected.

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
yes the hinge of the bonnet has an actuator that will pop up in a front end collision and if one of the actuators is not detected it will throw errors.
it could be corrosion/water in the plug, bad wiring etc.
take it to the dealer and get it lodged as a fault before the warranty runs out.

dont stress too much as it will just mean the bonnet will not popup if you have a collision, all other safety systems will fire as expected.
Thanks Stooge, that the kind of re-assurance I was looking for. I have logged the fault with Holden but they said I must have it looked at before the warranty runs out. Sounds strange as I have told them and sent a phot of the error message in the DIC.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Thanks Stooge, that the kind of re-assurance I was looking for. I have logged the fault with Holden but they said I must have it looked at before the warranty runs out. Sounds strange as I have told them and sent a phot of the error message in the DIC.
I would have thought since you reached out to your dealer with proof and made them aware than they should honour it... I would go in and request someone take a look at minimum to get coverage for warranty then book in for proper diagnostics. Take a video and pictures as proof asap incase they have any arguments over when it happened etc.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

it goes off when the fault is logged not inspected, its best to get some form of proof you have contacted them about the issue.
keep in mind in australia the "warranty" is a cool story that has many dragons but in the real world australian consumer law does not care what their story is.
considering it is a safety issue it would probably be classed as a "major fault" and they would have to fix it at their cost under the consumer guarantee even if your warranty expired.

you could also log it with holden customer care and ask for a case/report number.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
considering it is a safety issue it would probably be classed as a "major fault" and they would have to fix it at their cost under the consumer guarantee even if your warranty expired.
If it's classed as a "major fault" under Australian Consumer Law, the choice of remedy (be it repair, replacement of full purchase price refund) is for the buyer to make. So their fix can be a costly one of they faff about ;)

I have logged the fault with Holden but they said I must have it looked at before the warranty runs out. Sounds strange as I have told them and sent a phot of the error message in the DIC.
As you've sent them written notification of the fault before your factory (volentary) warranty has expired, there is no legal way for them to say that the fault can't be repaired.

They could try and say that your factory warranty has expired to which you'd reply "good that the ACL statutory warranty doesn't have a duration specified in the legisation and great that it gives me the choice of remedy", then sit down while they book in your faulty vehicle and clean your loan car ;)

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Took the car in Tuesday and was fixed. Something to do with low voltage detected at the connectors. They replaced the connectors.
Come to Thursday and this morning the error is back.
Love Holden's quality work.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Took the car in Tuesday and was fixed. Something to do with low voltage detected at the connectors. They replaced the connectors.
Come to Thursday and this morning the error is back.
Love Holden's quality work.
the upside is that the fault was logged so you dont have to worry about warranty and they still have to fix it.

knowing holden next they will probably grease the hinges lol