Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing holden dealership

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I had my car serviced last christmas and the other day I received a reminder from my holden dealership that I need to book it in at the end of June for another service.
At the last service the sticker they put inside your windshield says that the next service is due in september this year.Mobil 1 was used for the oil.The car has barely done over 5000km since last service.
Does this sound right or is holden taken me for a ride.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
as the commos (and most other cars) have long service intervals - 15,000km most people should go by monthly intervals like 6 or 12 months,

either the dealer has muddled your car up with a vy which is 15,000km or 9 months (vz is 15,000km 12month) or you are under a dealership used car warrenty?

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
My car is still under the factory warranty and my dealership warranty doesn't start till later in the year.
I think once my factory warranty ends I will do the services myself.Every 6 months sounds a bit premature to service the car and I think the dealership is just trying to make money of me and others when the car doesn't need it at such early intervals.
The factory servicing intervals like you said say to service every 12 months or 15000kms.
Cheers andyman.

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
why go to a dealer ?
you have other options

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
why go to a dealer ?
you have other options
The car is still under the factory warranty and it is written in the contract that the car has to be serviced at a holden dealership for the warranty to be effective.

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
The car is still under the factory warranty and it is written in the contract that the car has to be serviced at a holden dealership for the warranty to be effective.

That only applies if you want to use the extended warranty , then they will demand the car is serviced every 6 months weather you've done 5,000km or
10,000km or the warranty will be void .

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
as said if it is extended or holden certified warranty you have to take it to the dealer if not you can got to any certified log book mschanic
when I got my car it had the 3 year holden certified warranty I did 3 services there and then started doing it myself
the certified warranty isnt worth the paper its written on
it only covers $1000

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
as said if it is extended or holden certified warranty you have to take it to the dealer if not you can got to any certified log book mschanic
when I got my car it had the 3 year holden certified warranty I did 3 services there and then started doing it myself
the certified warranty isnt worth the paper its written on
it only covers $1000

if you have a good dealer they will put some work on an invoice than a bit more on another invoice if you know what i mean

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you have a good dealer they will put some work on an invoice than a bit more on another invoice if you know what i mean

the one in nowra is far from good;)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
the one in nowra is far from good;)

thats funny i didnt see that your from this crapwhola lol. cant say ive seen your car around, but ive never had a problem with the service/parts department, they know me from where i work though