Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing VE Berlina in Melbourne

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I purchased a 2007 Berlina recently, would be up for routine servicing.

I wanted to get some information on whether I should stick to Holden Service Centre or get my local mechanic to service it.

Would there be any specific reliablr Holden Dealer Centres you would recommend,i want to make sure they are genuine and don't steal you by unnecessary charges.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Most holden dealers will have a set price for a basic service. Just call your local one up and ask for a quote.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
I could, but would appreciate if someone could share there expeiriences aroung the south-east area dealers.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
If you trust your local mechanic, get him to service it by all means. Holden stealerships are called so for a reason. Pay through the nose for a slow learning 1st year apprentice? No thanks.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I get my local mechanic to service my cars. He is a friend so I no I can trust him and he is an excellent mechanic. He also looks after me in price which also helps.

I find any dealership is over priced. When I had my D40 Nissan Navara Nissan wanted $1045 for a mjor service. My mechanic done the same service for $380 using genuine Nissan parts.

My SSV Sportwagon is getting it's first 15000km service today.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
My ssv has never been serviced by a dealer since i bought it, i've always had my mechanic that i trust do it even tho he's a good 30 or so mins away from me. The dealers just try & scare you but warranty wise as long as the vehicle is still covered & that its through no fault of your own then they have an obligation to cover it. I use Chev's performance centre in Carrum Downs, there's noone else that i'd trust with my car give them a call 9776 8833.

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Hey kunalraiker, Just got my 30,000 Km service done at holden was $201.00. Had no problems with the dealer so far. Its not in melbourne but hope this helps.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
Used to use my local mechanic ( top bloke) when i had my VYSS and ended up just funneling money to him without any results. Squeeling belt issue - he kept replacing the belts and putting belt stick spray on it, took it to the holden service within 5 seconds they tell me the pulley is out of alignment. Took it to my mechanic for leaking coolant issue, took 3 trips and over 1k later until the water pump got replaced.Took it to my mechanic to check out a droning noise, got told it was a hole in the exhaust, exhaust shop couldn't find anything so i took it to holden who found out the rear diff was shagged and about to implode... so yeah i'll be sticking to my holden service centre. Rather pay more for piece of mind, at least they have all the diagnostic tools etc.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Rather pay more for piece of mind, at least they have all the diagnostic tools etc.

Don't just settle for Holden because they have diagnostic tools and your local mechanic doesn't. Locate a DECENT mechanic, like a performance tuner (who all do general servicing too). They usually have much better gear than Holden servicing. I drive 2.5 hrs each way to go to my mechanic and wouldn't use Holden is they were next door to me. Yes, some people have ok experiences with Holden and there are some good dealers out there but the horror stories that come out of so many dealers is enough to put the average punter off.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Its a very good question. There's a few websites where you can get quotes for logbook servicing , i checke them out and holden was actually one of the cheapest of all the local shops, and being a VE you can pretty much gaurantee Holden knows your car better than 95 % of local mechanics too. My suggestion is investigate your local dealer .. ask other owners etc and if they seem good try the dealer. If you are happy with the work keep going there, If you're not then go somewhere else in future. Just make sure you get a clear quote before the work - most offer fixed price services as said above. If they start trying to sell you new tyres, head gaskets and crap you don't need tell um they're dreaming.
How many K's service you up to next ?