Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sex308 Vs V8

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Does your passenger help you change gears in your auto via your massive tacho? Visually impared much? Or just have wonky eyes an ur left one freaks your passenger out.

Cheers
MaT

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I don't understand how most people know it as a 308?
Everyone i've ever talked to knows the EFI was a 304 and the Carby 5L is a 308. And people who don't no anything about cars don't have a clue what a 308/304 means.

Must be a SA thing. Same with the monster tacho in an auto.

How many K's and how much you pick it up for?

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
What does the blue box in the center console do? is that for the neons? I think if you fixed it up a little better with those wires will stat to look nice, Have to agree with the rest tho the tacho needs to but ripped out cos its a auto and people will just laugh at you and you need to sell those plates and get new ones. Needs to lowered to but hey its a good start. good luck and take now no notice of these other two they really are good guys hahahahaha!!!!!!

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I gotta admit - before I got my commo (which is not a V8 anyway), I always assumed the 5L was a 308, cause that was always the GM displacement, and Ford was always the 302..., so I guess I know what sex308 means.

Plus his first response had a typo,
"most people know it has a 308"
instead of
"most people know it AS a 308"

- which I think made a few people here think he was saying that it is a 308, whereas he was just saying that people who know a little about cars in general, but not much about Commo's, just think it's a 308 - which in my book is pretty reasonable.

So, personally, I'd get off the guys case.
- Back on topic: mate that looks like one very straight Commo - nice car.
Wish mine was that tidy. You've got a good starting point for the mods you've got in mind. And don't worry, these guys above are generally real friendly and helpful on here - they're just passionate (read: pedantic) about their cars :yeah:

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I recon that if he wants his tacho he can have his tacho. Different people have different ideas of what they wanna do to their cars and maybe thats something he wanted to do. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but you don't have to hang $hit on him just because you don't like what his done to his car.

I haven't seen many Commodores with the under car neons, looks pretty good. Got any pics of where you mounted them? How are they wired up? Your car looks pretty clean, interior will look better once the wires are hidden, but as you said its a work in progress. Good start mate.

Holmez

Reaction score
Website
www.needadetailer.com.au
Cheers guys appreciate it.
The neons were hard to attach mate, but very easy to wire up, hard to explain where i put the, but i can take a pic of ya want,