Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame, Holden Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RKZ234

ACA and Today tonight already know. I've had contact with both of them several times already.

I told Holden they were messing with the wrong guy months ago and I was laughed at by one of their management.

I'm patient. I'll wait and I WILL NOT FORGET.

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Think you'll find one of the shows did the story a while ago.

I had uneven tyre wear in my VT,but I expected it as it didn't have the extra toe link, so I rotated the tyres every 5,000 ks and the tyres ended up lasting 30,000 kms,thats with 17" rims FE2 & towing a ski boat. So not to bad. I've now got a VX series 2 and have noticed the tyres lasting longer.
I know where your coming from,but honestly I think your a bit like the USA in Iraq.
Will never get a result.

R

RKZ234

gruntavt said:
Think you'll find one of the shows did the story a while ago.

I had uneven tyre wear in my VT,but I expected it as it didn't have the extra toe link, so I rotated the tyres every 5,000 ks and the tyres ended up lasting 30,000 kms,thats with 17" rims FE2 & towing a ski boat. So not to bad. I've now got a VX series 2 and have noticed the tyres lasting longer.
I know where your coming from,but honestly I think your a bit like the USA in Iraq.
Will never get a result.

gruntavt, you've achieved much better mileage than I ever did from tyres. Clearly your car wasn't affected as bad as mine was.

I knew nothing of the Control Link thing prior to making my new vehicle purchase. Nobody should have to modify a brand new car to make it serviceable and reliable.

If the design fault had been disclosed at the time of sale I'd have never bought the car.

They'll do another show eventually. I'm patient and I'll wait. When my story gets on TV, even if it's in another 12 months or 2 years, I'll wait. When it is broadcast on national TV that Holden has sat around with its head up its a$$, failed to honour new vehicle warranty, failed to comply with the Trade Practices Act and put a customers car into storage in repsonse to the piece of crap being returned to them under warranty, their public humiliation will be well worth the wait. I can't afford to buy that type of exposure.

My car was returned to Holden on the 5th July 2005 and Holden put it into storage. That's nearly 4 moths ago!!

Again I repeat my statement, HOLDEN ARE NOTHING MORE THAN COMMON THIEVES WEARING SUITS, LIARS AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF US.

Until they do anything to suggest otherwise, I'll continue to advise people of their disgraceful lawbreaking activities and the utter contempt they have for consumers.

I really don't understand how their management can look at themselves in the mirror each day as they get ready for work. Clearly, not having a conscience is a management prerequisite.

HOLDEN, MEANS A GREAT DEAL OF ANXIETY, STRESS AND EMBARRASSMENT TO AUSTRALIA!

Last edited by a moderator:

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
It wasn't an oversee or design fault,it was just plain number crunching $$$$, and started with the VQ Statesman (remember this IRS came from teh Opel based cars and instead of making it work properly from the start and having the control link they did the above for the sake of probably $400 per car!. Yes I agree it shouldn't have been allowed or done, and like ALL car manufacturers they shouldn't be allowed to get a way with it. Sounds as though you car wasn't set up properly from the start.
Fords/Mitsubushi/Toyota are all in the same boat. :ranting:
Big corporations.
Again as I say Good Luck.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
RKZ234 said:
put a customers car into storage in repsonse to the piece of crap being returned to them under warranty. My car was returned to Holden on the 5th July 2005 and Holden put it into storage. That's nearly 4 moths ago
I'm assuming that's the angle you've pushed with the TV shows? Because your car being in storage without your consent is the sort of angle that may get them to bite, rather than an unhappy customer (albeit rightfully so) who has a problem with a large company and has been treated shamefully. Unfortunately Holden will have large sponsorship/advertising agreements with the commercial TV networks (Channel 9 definitely) and they won't want to jeoparise that commercial arrangement. Limits your options then. Have you tried the talk radio stations? Sometimes the TV networks will pick up on a story that has generated interest on the airwaves.

RKZ234 said:
I really don't understand how their management can look at themselves in the mirror each day as they get ready for work. Clearly, not having a conscience is a management prerequisite.
That lack of empathy is a widely known trait amongst the corporate world. The ability to make a decision without concerning yourself with the consequences to others is actually a recipe for success for individuals to move higher up the corporate ladder. So the individuals in the boardroom (and those aspiring a long way down the ladder) are in their jobs for the same reason why you can't get anyone to help you out. Great for the shareholder who wants high dividends and large capital growth, but bad news for the consumer with a problem at the very end of the line.

I wish you luck in your battle. When your story finally does see the light of day even Denny Mooney will cringe.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
hello and exuse my bad spelling....ill give you a short tale about a vt ...a lawn mower shop on north road in melb had the same kinda probs with his car...so as his shop was on a busy intersection in melb he decided to put it out the fron of his shop with great big sighn all over it saying what a lemon holed had sold him.....after about 2 weeks the local paper picked up the story and it hit the local papers,,,,next it got into the herald son back pages....and last of all it made it on to i think it was today tonight on ch 7,,,all the time the owner rolled it out every day so the tens of thousands of car deivers passed it every day to and from work . it was there every day for about a month....untill one day it was gone.....i went into the shop and asked theowner what was the go? he told me that holden had decided to take the car back and give him his money back..now he had to shame holden into doing this . im sure thay weighd it all up and came to a conclution that having over a 100.000 car drivers seeing this car on a major road every day was not good for bizo....it was on the corner of north road and warrigal road in south oakely..( i give the upset owner 1 thing ...he sure his lemon could be seen by every 1 driving past ( the sighns he had on it could bee read for many meters) this is a discrace and the accc should not alow it to get to this point and nor should holden who make huge dolloer profits every year...this is just one story that made holden refund the perches price of a car that was a lemon.....i agree shame holden shame shame shame..........have a good day all and a better weekend

R

RKZ234

I'm still catching public transport. I've been without a car now since 24th June 2005.

Holden should be thoroughly embarrassed

Let this situation be a lesson to all.

HOLDEN CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THEIR WARRANTY IS A FRAUD.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
RKZ234 said:
I'm still catching public transport. I've been without a car now since 24th June 2005.

Holden should be thoroughly embarrassed

Let this situation be a lesson to all.

HOLDEN CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THEIR WARRANTY IS A FRAUD.

Why don't you just cut your losses by selling the car and get something from a different manufacturer???

Reaper

R

rattattack1313

Like everything, there is good ones and bad ones...I have , luckily for me, only ever had good ones....and so have all my friends....and most people in here..(except for minor things that went wrong, and caused them to look for us !!!).........but I am getting tired of people bagging Holdens on a Commodore Forum..........

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
rattattack1313 said:
Like everything, there is good ones and bad ones...I have , luckily for me, only ever had good ones....and so have all my friends....and most people in here..(except for minor things that went wrong, and caused them to look for us !!!).........but I am getting tired of people bagging Holdens on a Commodore Forum..........

Same - I think dud cars are rare these days but I also wonder if some people will *ever* be happy - all these things that the car *should* do rather than either accept that is what the car is. Some good points and some bad point - research it, if you can live with the bad and enjoy the good then buy it - if you can't, then buy something else. simple.

Reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.