Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame, Holden Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
reffy you have no right to call reaper or anyone else a
ignoramous
or tell him to
these forums are for people to have a opinion and to help each other out so stop thinking your the man and leave your attitude out of this.
everyone has a right to an opinion but you must respect it and the person giving it.

what the guy is doing about his problem is his way. SOME people agree and SOME dont. leave it at that and have some respect for other members. just because SOME dont agree with you and the others doesnt give you the right to spray off at them.

DROP YOUR ATTITUDE and keep this place friendly and helpful

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
Did you every take your plight to Today Tonight/A Current Affair???

I haven't bothered to go back through teh thread for a lonng time, so I'm not sure if you ever did the above?

R

reffy

realist my a$$, just because RKZ is not letting Holden push him over doesnt mean hes not a realist. the reality is that he is seeing things as they really are and not as he wants it to be. he really did get a warranty that really should be honoured. if rkz sold his car to someone who found out the problems afterwards i dont think theyd care about how realistic he was when they sought revenge.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
reffy said:
realist my a$$, just because RKZ is not letting Holden push him over doesnt mean hes not a realist. the reality is that he is seeing things as they really are and not as he wants it to be. he really did get a warranty that really should be honoured.

From what I understand, Holden really won't do any more to the car and he really has his car in storage while he continues to really bang his head against a brick wall. :bang: (Really lowering his resale value along the way)

What does carping on to a website like this really do??? Everybody who reads this forum would probably be aware of the potential for that problem and since most in "Just Commodores" are enthusiasts, I doubt that any would be swayed either way. Same goes for the GenIII problem - I knew about it before I got my first SS (Knew about the rear tyre issue too - even experienced it on 1 car).

Being a realist is about picking ones' battles, knowing what you can and can't win, understanding when you have lost or that the cost/effort required to win is way beyond what a victory would be worth. (Really)

Reaper

R

reffy

mate wether he has a good or a bad chance in battling the big boys, i am on his side.

this seems to be the only non commercial 3rd party commodore specific forum on the net at the moment so its more than appropriate that he voice his opinion here. its the same as him telling his mates about his bad experience, but on a wider scale.

we are looking at getting a shame holden site together, specifically for this commodore problem. they will be held accountable and I think you should back the underdog here reaper and be one of the mates whos out to aid justice. you know he has been wronged, what do you have to lose really?

at least please dont remind him of the negatives to this situations. he has heard it all a thousand times and he is putting his money and principles on the line here to stand up for something. dont weaken the mans will with your own insecurities. he is he and you are you. dont go shitting in someone elses backyard. its common sense.

cheers,

reffy

R

RKZ234

The real points in this case are,

1. Had I been aware of the rear end issue and that the car was unfit for purpose PRIOR to purchase (as I was required by law to be notified about) I wouldn't have bought a VX Commodore.

2.Had I known Holden refuses to honour warranty without any reason, I wouldn't have bought a Holden of any kind.

It really is as simple as that. Being a Holden enthusiast or not is totally immaterial. I was a huge Holden fan until this happened and had planned to buy several more after the dud this thread refers to.

It doesn't matter either if the car cost $20k or $500k. At the end of the day, my car was faulty, (from the time of purchase until it was returned to the factory still under warranty) Holden couldn't or wouldn't fix it and it was covered by a warranty.

Eventually after running out of excuses, Holden simply refused to honour their warranty with no justification. Their final attempt at an excuse for their less than mediocre performance and refusal to honour warranty, was that me using the car as designed has contributed to/caused the problem, which is pathetic. Totally and utterly pathetic! Especially considering that even that last ditch excuse was wrong also!

I firmly believe that informing people about this situation is one of public interest. If I was considering a new car purchase, I'd appreciate hearing a story like this before I made the monumental mistake of parting with thousands of hard earned dollars and bought a Holden. This issue is all about Holden's lack of credibility and lack of trustworthiness in the marketplace.

A barrage of cheesy ad campaigns, crapping on about, meaning a great deal to Australia, or other such tripe are a deceptive insult to everyone's intelligence, if at the end of the day when you have a faulty Holden, it is common business practice for Holden to delay as much as possible effecting warranty repairs and eventually refusing to honour warranty for no reason.

The more people made aware of this, the more Holden's deplorable conduct comes under the microscope, greater the chance Holden starts fulfilling thier obligations and the likelyhood of others going through the harrowing experience I have is decreased.
I'd honestly hate anyone else to experience the nightmare this car has caused me and my family. I really wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

If any of you decide you don't want to be reliably informed about how deplorably Holden conducts itself and would rather remain blissfully ignorant, that's your choice and I'm ok with that. Simply don't read this thread, as is your right.

But please, if you do read it and choose to make comment, have enough self respect, for this site and for me also to leave out unwarranted and unproductive criticism of me. I am only the victim. I didn't cause, nor did I contribute to the problem and am only asking for what I'm reasonably entitled to.

Initially I was merely asking for the car I paid good money for. Holden refused to provide that.

In accordance with my consumer rights, I requested a replacement vehicle or a refund. Once again Holden chose to refuse to provide either.

Therefore I ask, on what basis do any of you justifiably feel having a go at me is a.) warranted or b.) constructive?

I've done the best I can to resolve the issue in a mature and responsible fashion, based on the advice of the very Government Dept's, supposedly in place to protect consumers in this exact type of situation. I am not to blame for Holden's arrogance nor for it's contempt for consumers and their legal rights.

If anyone has constuctive comment or suggestions to make, any contacts they feel could assist in this matter, I'd genuinely appreciate any assistance at all. Feel free to PM or email me, otherwise keep your hands in your pocket, head in the sand and don't bother typing useless and unwanted hyperbole.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Night

Can't say enough how good it has been to see some more people sticking up for rzk on this thread. It doesn't matter if you agree with him or not on this subject, if your aim is to just stir the pot then go get a life. Let the thread be used as it was intended to be used and that is to help others not rubbish them cause you want to make trouble.

Some guys can't handle this thread cause they think its bad mouthing holden. Well does that mean that everyone should stop writing about their problems with their cars. Maybe we should all be writing the good stuff like this- Guess what guys, I hoped in my car this morning and it started. God bless holden. What a forum that would be hey.

If you got something to say that might be constructive then say it, but if you just want to get people reved up then maybe you need to have a long hard look in the mirror at yourself cause you must really be bored with your life! Let this thread be used as a friendly way of people helping each other.

I'm not directing this at anyone inparticular but I reckon the everyone knows who these people are. There seem to be some guys out there that are self proclaimed know it alls that think the know just about everything in life, well then congratulations your a hero. Funny thing is I haven't seen these guys write anything constructive anywhere.

For all those guys that rekon we should all just live with these problems, then your doing a great service to these cars being built. Why the hell would holden bother to fix the next major stuff up they do if everyone just fixes it themselves. I guess you would have something to look forward to then, What can I fix on my next holden I buy. I bet the guys at holdens are laughing their heads of seeing that there are guys out there that are willing to fix a defective product themselves. That will really make holden think twice about sending out a dodgy product won't it.

Oh I forgot, the irs is not defective or the main cause of this problem. Its the owner causing this tyre wear.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
Night said:
Oh I forgot, the irs is not defective or the main cause of this problem. Its the owner causing this tyre wear.
just out of curiosity (im not saying you're wrong) but what does the owner do to cause this wear? coz ive been asking around, and some people do have the IRS issue, and some don't.

N

Night

vz_ss said:
just out of curiosity (im not saying you're wrong) but what does the owner do to cause this wear? coz ive been asking around, and some people do have the IRS issue, and some don't.
It was tongue in cheek, it was what some guys seem to think out there not what i think

Status
Not open for further replies.