Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shane's VT SS II 5.7ltr

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Yeah I know what you mean with looking out of place, I wouldn't put vy - ve ss ones on as I don't think they'd suit, but I was thinking as the previous owner updated the look of the back of the car with the vx garnish it kind of made the vt ss sticker look out of place but the vx badge should look ok. I was thinking of putting vx ss badges on the sides of the car as well but I decided I'll leave the vt ss stickers on there.
If I had the vt garnish on I wouldn't put the vx ss badge on as it would probably look out of place.
Thanks for the comments guys.

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Got the vx ss badge from holden yesterday (while I was ment to be doing christmas shopping lol) and put it on my car. Here's a pic. I think it looks better then the vt sticker did. Let me know what you think..

Attachments

• vx ss badge_no plate_640x480.JPG
    vx ss badge_no plate_640x480.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,189

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
VX SS badge looks the goods mate. :thumbsup:

skitzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
wl caprice
hey dude nice to meet you and your misses the other night.

sweet ride and what you paid i reckon you got an absolute bargin.

for the record i agree with the others about tune first youll get a bit silly at first trying it out! lol

all the best with it

nige aka skitzn

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Thanks for the comment mate, was good to meet you and the others at the fountain gate meet. And was a good little cruise after the meet as well.

Had a bit of bad luck with the car... Went on a holiday and on the way home (about 2.5hrs from home) the water pump seized up and snapped a belt. Had to get a tow to the nearest town (in the middle of nowhere) and leave the car there overnight so the mechanic could fix it the next day. She's all going well now though.

Then a bit of good luck, got home after the repairs on the car on the 31st then went out for new years, I couldn't drive home new years eve due to the consumption of alcohol so stayed at a mates house and slept in new years day. I get home around midday and a branch has fallen off a gum tree and completely demolished my carport. I was told it fell about half an hour before I got home and if my car was in there it would've been crushed pretty bad...

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I went out earlier tonight and took a few photo's of my car. I used a proper camera this time rather then the phone lol. I might put some more up later, but here's two for now.
I'm thinking of getting a spare set of grills, cutting the inside out of them and putting some of that mesh stuff from autobarn in them. I've seen it done on some other cars and it looked alright. What do you guys think, worth giving it a go? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSCF0048_no plate_640x480px.JPG
    DSCF0048_no plate_640x480px.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF0088_no plate_640x480px.JPG
    DSCF0088_no plate_640x480px.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Gave the ss a nice cut and gave her a coat of paint protection (comes in handy being a detailer lol) and its came up a treat. Just rinse the car off when it gets dirty and the paint is smooth as glass again.
I went on the vic january cruise and t-roy and ephect got some really nice photo's of my car. If its ok with them I might put some of their photo's in my thread to show how shiney the paint protection made the car.
Also now I've started work again I'm saving to get the new air intake setup and a mafless tune.