Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Share your health battles

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I have a dodgy achilles tendon , which I snapped a few years ago , every now and again it'll just remind me that its still there, just an twinge , but enough to remind me to be careful , this is minor compared to some I've read through here.
It's similar to the gym I go to , a lot of the older blokes will sit about sometimes and compare notes on the injuries they've had over the years , and the best course of action .

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Unhappy back,liver, and all my joints. l4/5 disk is destroyed virtually and i have nerve problems.
I'm breathing and can walk, so not much to complain about really. After i got shot in the chest
with a stun gun when i was a bit younger my heart does what it it wants sometimes.

Arms go numb for no reason.

There's a lot of people worse off. No complaints here. As long as i can drive my ute and
make money somehow i'm happy.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Physically - as a runner who has forever been a tiny bit overweight I have injured almost everything from the hips down. Shin splints, hamstring strain and tendonitis, glute medius tear, illiotibial band injury, piriformis muscle, runners knee, achilles tendonitis - you name it.

Mentally - end of last year I got a formal diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. Looking at my symptom history, a diagnosis could have been warranted as early as 2003. Now before you go googling, I have never cut myself, nor have I ever experienced psychosis nor have I been actually admitted to a psych facility. I did get this diagnosis back in 2006 but due to work was unable to really do anything about it (I was moving around way too often)

The malady has shown itself in difficulties in life in general - constructively controlling emotions, thoughts and impulses, and managing relationships and workplace performance. It has manifested as alcohol abuse and an eating disorder. At the end of last year, working with an excellent therapist I eventually made some profound breakthroughs and am well onto the path to recovery after battling for so long using dozens of different angles etc. I have overcome my eating disorder through intuitive eating and appetite awareness, until recently two very foreign concepts to me!

My parents are not well. Both are obese and have had 3 joint replacements between them. Dad has issues with blood clots, mum with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and chronic pain. They are only in their 60s. As I have decided to stay in my home town permanently, I imagine there will be some carer duties in my future. OTOH in the last 12 months I've dropped about 15kg and am now training for my 5th marathon.

Last edited: