Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Kit the Auto, or go the manual conversion?

Shift kitted Auto or Manual Conversion

• Shift Kitted Auto

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Manual Conversion

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
price up both, and see the price difference :)

from what iunderstand a manual conversion in a VS will require computer and loom conversion, which could get pricey if you don't do it yourself...

I made the conversion from auto->manual a while ago, and it was a great change! back then the car was a stock v6 with an LSD... it was a LOT nicer to drive with the manual, it was more fun, less boring, MUCH better on fuel, it FELT quicker (although it was probably same speed as auto)....

my only complaint is being stuck in peak hour traffic with a very heavy duty clutch...

although, if you want your car to go super quick evntually (1/4 mile spec), i'd probably stick with the auto, and get it built damn tough.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
T.C.I full manual valve body,reverse pattern.nothing beats the feeling .

How many pedals you got?

It doesn't matter what anyone says, having the clutch there so you can decide when you want to change can never be beaten.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Go to an area during clipsal where ford fans are, and ask whats better, ford or holden.......

Either way, if you've asked, you've pretty much made up your mind what you want to do.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Why do people choose shift kit auto's over manuals? Manualised autos still don't have a clutch! I would only prefer an auto over a manual if i had a drag car.

GLD-086

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone says, having the clutch there so you can decide when you want to change can never be beaten.

I agree mate.

It seems Autos are only good for 2 things 1) Lazy f***kers 2) Drag racing.

Manuals ..... well manuals just plain rock.:yeah:

Better on fuel, more car control, fun etc etc.:D

If I were a lazy f*** that went drag racing every weekend, Auto, but anyday of the week, manual all the way.:thumbsup:

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
with a good shift kitted auto you don't NEED to decide when to shift... cause it does it so much more efficiently than you could anyway :D

having been for a ride in sircruisealotVS's shift kitted VS any lingering thoughts I had of getting a manual conversion have GONE completely! its almost like there IS no shift... one moment you're in one gear, the next your in another... the power is continuous and seamless... I love it :D