Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift kits and DIY

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
Is it possible to just upgrade the servo and a boost valve to get a beter shift, or do i have to purchase a B&M shift kit aswell? the gearbox has done a few k's and will be bolted to a new engine with flat top pistons ect ect.. will be adding a small stall aswell. thoughts???

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
can get B&m through work really cheap though, is the transgo really worth it, what benifit will i get with the boost valve and servo on its own?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
can get B&m through work really cheap though, is the transgo really worth it, what benifit will i get with the boost valve and servo on its own?

The servo will only effect 2nd gear shifts but it will make a nice firm shift into second. The boost valve on its own will make no noticable difference.

If you're going to be running a bit of power through the gearbox you're going to want a shiftkit for the auto to take the power anyway so you might as well. If you can only afford the $60 B&M kit then grab it, otherwise go for the $180 transgo kit.

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
i have a vp v6,
i was thinking of getting a b & m kit for it when i service it, as the autos abit tired.

any1 have a part number? is it easy to install?

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
are the shift kits an easy install, im pritty handy can re-build an engine but never toughed an auto except for servicing

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
are the shift kits an easy install, im pritty handy can re-build an engine but never toughed an auto except for servicing

I can't comment on the B&M kits but the Transgo kits come with full instructions including pictures. Pretty hard to go wrong. I assume B&M would be the same.

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
awsome, becasue im a tight ass am gonna go for the B&M the vorvet servo and the boost valve, on a g/box thats done 300 000km and a small stall, shoud go good!!:thumbsup:

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
my gearbox has done 255km's and is due for a service, so i might add a b&m kit to tighten her up with the service