Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shitty AU Design

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Has anyone ever changed the coolant on an AU Falcon? I can't seem to be able to get to the lower radiator hose.. Unlike the VX Ecotec you cant reach in from the top to disconnect the hose and the front bar covers a fair bit of the underneath of the car..

It just seems very poorly designed.. Can anyone who's touched one of these engines please give me some advice. I went to flush my mates coolant and had NO idea whatsoever..

Done it to two other cars, definitely wasn't this hard..

Help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers..

vzuterus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I think you can access it from underneath the car from memory...

Otherwise keep the engine running and run water through it then put your coolant in!

T

t2te50

Your asking the right man!

Take off the air deflector and you'll find a nice little drain plug in the left hand corner. Just make sure you use a large phillips screw driver. Much prefer it to taking off the hose which if in poor condition the neck snaps off the radiator.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh Ford lovers adding benefit to a Just Commodores forum.. Love it..

Sorry mate I got no idea what an air deflector is.. Is it on the bottom near the left lower bit of the radiator?

What does it look like and is it accessed from the inside of the engine or out?

Cheers mate..

T

t2te50

Outside prefferably with the car on ramps. The deflector is that plastic shield up the front that has those small 7mm bolts retaining it. It's in the left corner at the bottom.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok will definitely have a look. Thanks a lot for your help mate..

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
SSZ-57L said:
Who cares ???? Let it cook !!

ha ha ha i like this one.. just a question what is that plastic bit for? i took my one off my vl to fit my CAI does it really matter?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Urgh.. I got nowhere.. Sorry mate.. Could you please go through it with babysteps..

By left and right do you mean the point of view of looking into the engine (from the front of the car).. Spent ages looking at the radiator and stuff.. Couldn't find ****..

T

t2te50

Get a screw driver and undo that plastic tray. When I mean left it's from the inside the car looking forward.You need to jack it or put it on ramps to have any hope especialy when your not familiar with it.
If you want anything done (service) I may help if you like without the markups of a garage.If you grt my drift.