Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shocks

purple ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SS / 07 VE SS
Just looking at Vz photos in just commodores and came a cross a car that been lowered [super lows] and had kept his standered shocks is that ok to do that thanks.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
It's probably not so bad with just sl's but I still wouldn't recommend it. When I pulled out my standard shocks on my 06 vz they hardly returned even though they were only 6 years old.

When you lower a car and your shocks aren't working properly it bounces around like a trompoline. You get axle tramp in the rear, you bottom out over speedhumps and if you build up some decent speed and go over a **** bit of road (and there's pleanty of that around) you're more likely to bounce up. All around it's pretty **** lol.

Plus you want to know your springs are being held in properly.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
As Wazza said get some new shocks. Shocks are a throw away item like tyres the only difference is you can't see how worn they are.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You only need to get new shocks if the springs are not trapped which in that case you require short stroke shocks which are actually just normal shock but have droop limiters. But if your shocks are worn then it is advisable to replace them I would use sachs with the SL's as they should be trapped on standard stroke shocks and the sachs are a better shock than the other **** out there.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Just looking at Vz photos in just commodores and came a cross a car that been lowered [super lows] and had kept his standered shocks is that ok to do that thanks.

Depends if they are 'standard' or FE2 shockers; standard on a lowered car I wouldn't recommend.

I have the FE2 shocker on my ute which has SL in the front and Ultras in the back and I can't fault the way in handles or rides.