Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hmm no mention of sharpening method, since getting my Fallkniven S1 I believe in the convex edge.
It holds a good edge and is scary sharp.

I will be surprised if he doesn't use that edge. Please let us know what he uses in the end.
Yeah I emailed him asking about your question along with how he recommends maintaining the edge so soon see.

Taking the 7mm out tomorrow, can't wait.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hahaha my cousin wanted to try my 7mm, don't think he liked it. This was like his 3rd shot, still throwing him around like a rag doll.
[video=youtube_share;ij5tQE7sHJo]http://youtu.be/ij5tQE7sHJo[/video]

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Just got my PTA. Going to go pick up a Walther GSP Expert .22 pistol hopefully by next week.
Think it has gone up almost $200 since I last looked though :(

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
For those looking to get a license, some info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So I'm just after some first hand info from my fellow Victorian shooters as I can only find conflicting information at the moment. Am I, as a recreational hunting license holder in NSW, allowed to enter Victorian National Parks or State Forests to shoot pest animals such as foxes, dogs, rabbits and cats WITHOUT obtaining a special permit? Obviously obiding by all mandatory safety and firearm storage regulations...

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
So I'm just after some first hand info from my fellow Victorian shooters as I can only find conflicting information at the moment. Am I, as a recreational hunting license holder in NSW, allowed to enter Victorian National Parks or State Forests to shoot pest animals such as foxes, dogs, rabbits and cats WITHOUT obtaining a special permit? Obviously obiding by all mandatory safety and firearm storage regulations...

Yes and No.

You can hunt Pests in State Forest without any permit. You cannot hunt pests in National Parks EVER.

To hunt Game species in either State Forest or National Park you will require a Game Licence.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Don't need a permit, BUT if you hunting in a recognised deer habitat make sure you have a game permit and a suitable calibre (Sambar is .270 or larger), it's not worth the hassle if they pull you up trying to explain your shooting ferals only.
As mentioned state forest only, NO national parks.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Let's see if this works, was going to weld something up but a) I couldn't be bothered and b) this is quick and easy to pull down. Not sure if it will have the strength to take a 7mm round tho. The plates are proper Bisalloy 500.
Might have to buy one of the STS target stands.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Let's see if this works, was going to weld something up but a) I couldn't be bothered and b) this is quick and easy to pull down. Not sure if it will have the strength to take a 7mm round tho. The plates are proper Bisalloy 500.
Might have to buy one of the STS target stands.

If that plate doesn't stop the 7mm round, the glass certainly will, I wouldn't stress.