Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shopping Time!! Performance info & Advice needed.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Hey Steve,

Just bought one of your 15psi Pulleys. Thought i might give you a rundown of the mods i have so far and what im after.

Basically the only Engine-related mods i currently have are a 10psi Pulley, YT Split Ratio 1.9/1.95 Roller Rockers, Mace CAI, 81 deg Thermostat, A very free flowing exhaust system and a Tune.

I have the following already bought to be put on: MACE 69mm TB, MACE 15PSI Pulley.

Im currently looking around for any sort if Intercooler setup that can run 15psi comfortably & Daily (im not biased with A2a or W2a)
Ease of setup, neatness but orverall Reliability are all factors for me.

I am also looking at a baby cam to help it all breathe better but bearing in mind the Roller Rockers and the fact its Supercharged im unsure of where to start.

Could you please give me a rundown on ideas/prices for the above and also any other performance increases you think there are to be had for me.

Look forward to many more dealings with you.

Cheers, James.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey James,

In regards to your questions/statements
“Just bought one of your 15psi Pulleys. Thought i might give you a rundown of the mods i have so far and what im after.

Basically the only Engine-related mods i currently have are a 10psi Pulley, YT Split Ratio 1.9/1.95 Roller Rockers, Mace CAI, 81 deg Thermostat, A very free flowing exhaust system and a Tune.

I have the following already bought to be put on: MACE 69mm TB, MACE 15PSI Pulley.

Im currently looking around for any sort if Intercooler setup that can run 15psi comfortably & Daily (im not biased with A2a or W2a)
Ease of setup, neatness but orverall Reliability are all factors for me.

Here is a summary of the difference between the two kits

W2A
Pros
Stealthier appearance
No tuning required (in your case it’ not important as you’ll need a tune regardless)
More responsive when driving.

Cons
They require maintenance
There is a possibility for them leaking.

A2A
Pros
If setup correctly will require no maintenance
Cooler inlet temps
Can be polished

Cons
Tuning is a must (MAFless tuning)
Cannot easily make look stealth

“I am also looking at a baby cam to help it all breathe better but bearing in mind the Roller Rockers and the fact its Supercharged im unsure of where to start.

Could you please give me a rundown on ideas/prices for the above and also any other performance increases you think there are to be had for me.

Look forward to many more dealings with you.”

Our S1 supercharger cam would certainly be the way to go, without the need for a higher stall converter. In saying this though, you would need to revert back to your original rockers to be able to run this cam. I conjunction with this cam, would also recommend running a double row timing chain set, 130# springs and retainers to suit. As for additional performances to be had, I’d consider running a larger throttle body and getting the blower ported to suit accordingly

As for pricing best to get clear on all of the items you’re after first, then send us a email

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Hey James,

Here is a summary of the difference between the two kits

W2A
Pros
Stealthier appearance
No tuning required (in your case it’ not important as you’ll need a tune regardless)
More responsive when driving.

Cons
They require maintenance
There is a possibility for them leaking.

A2A
Pros
If setup correctly will require no maintenance
Cooler inlet temps
Can be polished

Cons
Tuning is a must (MAFless tuning) - What is required for Mafless Tuning?
Cannot easily make look stealth

Our S1 supercharger cam would certainly be the way to go, without the need for a higher stall converter. - My car will be sporting a T5 Soon anyway.
In saying this though, you would need to revert back to your original rockers to be able to run this cam. - I dont really wish to do this as i only paid $800 for them 6 months ago!!! :( Are there any other cam alternatives? (regrind standard etc)
I conjunction with this cam, would also recommend running a double row timing chain set, 130# springs and retainers to suit.
As for additional performances to be had, I’d consider running a larger throttle body - I have a MACE 69mm TB @ home ready to go on :)and getting the blower ported to suit accordingly

As for pricing best to get clear on all of the items you’re after first, then send us a email

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for that Steve,
I've added a few comments above.
At the moment im looking for prices (including combined postage etc if possible) On the following.

Mini Blizzard W2a
85mm Maf Sensor (Do you stock any piping to run from this to Mace's 69mm TB?)

And depending on if we can work out a cam to suit my roller rockers also add:
Cam
Double Row timing set
Manley retainers
Crow Cams Springs (Unsure of 105's or 130's at this stage)
Viton Valve stem seals

Cheers, James.

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for that Steve,
I've added a few comments above.
At the moment im looking for prices (including combined postage etc if possible) On the following.

Mini Blizzard W2a
85mm Maf Sensor (Do you stock any piping to run from this to Mace's 69mm TB?)

And depending on if we can work out a cam to suit my roller rockers also add:
Cam
Double Row timing set
Manley retainers
Crow Cams Springs (Unsure of 105's or 130's at this stage)
Viton Valve stem seals

Cheers, James.

The MAFLess tuning involves buying kalmaker Page Title or seeing Leon from Awesome Automotive in SA essentially for the tuning

As for a cam that works well with the higher rockers on a super 6, nothing much really :(

As for the other gear, I'll send you an email shortly

Cheers,
Steve

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Cheers,

What about a reground cam i've found elsewhere with these specs:

1.9 ratio x .27470 (inlet) =522 thou of valve lift
1.95 ratio x .27444 (exhaust) =535 thou of valve lift

Will that assist performance much or am i better off with stock?

MACE

Reaction score
Cheers,

What about a reground cam i've found elsewhere with these specs:

1.9 ratio x .27470 (inlet) =522 thou of valve lift
1.95 ratio x .27444 (exhaust) =535 thou of valve lift

Will that assist performance much or am i better off with stock?

Put it this way, there are very very few cams that work well with these engines running the M90 charger. You would be better off with a stock cam to be honest

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Ok. Appreciate your honesty! :D

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
What are the differences between the mace mini-blizzard kit and the YT Stage 1 Stealth kit?
I can see that you run a radiator style cooler instead of an aluminium cooler, Which one cools better and stays cooler for longer???

MACE

Reaction score
What are the differences between the mace mini-blizzard kit and the YT Stage 1 Stealth kit?
I can see that you run a radiator style cooler instead of an aluminium cooler, Which one cools better and stays cooler for longer???
Our our intercooler plate body is made from insulation material (instead of aluminium), we run a larger front mount rad (from a small car) and a larger pump. If you had to guess which one would you think would cool better?

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Our our intercooler plate body is made from insulation material (instead of aluminium), we run a larger front mount rad (from a small car) and a larger pump. If you had to guess which one would you think would cool better?

I dont know?

Is it correct that the composite plate absorbs oil?

Also, does your kit come with the Supercharger gaskets? (I dont think the YT kit does)

Cheers, James.