Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I be worried?

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Benny,

Two things.

1) I would lean to it being more a mech issue than the tune as I've never heard of anyone having an issue with a tune from Marranos but I could be wrong.

2) Sonny parted ways with Marranos late last year. So if you sent the email to Marranos, you'll probaly hear from Murat.

Best wishes for resolving the issue mate.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Benny,

Two things.

1) I would lean to it being more a mech issue than the tune as I've never heard of anyone having an issue with a tune from Marranos but I could be wrong.

2) Sonny parted ways with Marranos late last year. So if you sent the email to Marranos, you'll probaly hear from Murat.

Best wishes for resolving the issue mate.

Hey GK. Thanks for the reply. Do you know where Sonny has gone? Do they still do performance work there? If so, is it any good without Sonny?

Typical, find someone I trust and they leave lol :)

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Sonny is in the final stages of opening up his new workshop, Autowerks Automotive AutoWerks Automotive - service, repairs, prestige, performance, precision and should be good to go this week.

As for your issues it does sound tune related. Specifically the open loop o2 table and afterstart enrichment multiplier if there is a backfire on startup and in regards to it stalling when coming to a stop this could possibly be throttle body related, MAF related (if applicable) or o2 sensor related. The most common cause of this with the DBW setup is throttle body related. Try giving it a clean and see if it alleviates the issue. It doesn't sound tune related as it would've done it from the beginning after the tune. Also if you have a OBD2 scanner or have access to one, reset the TPS aswell. A sensor failing would most likely throw up a code (particularly one that causes an engine stall).

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
Sonny is in the final stages of opening up his new workshop, Autowerks Automotive AutoWerks Automotive - service, repairs, prestige, performance, precision and should be good to go this week.

As for your issues it does sound tune related. Specifically the open loop o2 table and afterstart enrichment multiplier if there is a backfire on startup and in regards to it stalling when coming to a stop this could possibly be throttle body related, MAF related (if applicable) or o2 sensor related. The most common cause of this with the DBW setup is throttle body related. Try giving it a clean and see if it alleviates the issue. It doesn't sound tune related as it would've done it from the beginning after the tune. Also if you have a OBD2 scanner or have access to one, reset the TPS aswell. A sensor failing would most likely throw up a code (particularly one that causes an engine stall).

Thanks for the info SilverVH. I have sent an email to Sonny off his website contact section. Hopefully I hear from him soon. He was awesome when he first tuned my V8. Took me through everything and explained the process and what to expect. It was a really good experience.