Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i buy a VY SS wagon

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Maloo, VY Berlina V8 wagon
Looking for some opinions

I'm getting out of my 2002 CV8 and considering a 2005 SS VY S2 manual Wagon

What should I be looking for? Any comments from owners? I know it's not going to handle the same, it's basically the same LS1? What to look out for?

Cheers

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Hey mate, I don't own an SS wagon but I do have an LS1 VX Berlina Wagon which would be very similar.

Yes, it will weigh more then the sedan, so be slightly slower and handling will probably be a tad worse.
But my VX wagon with FE2 suspension does still handle very well in my opinion.

Either way I personally love having an LS1 wagon and if manual would be the icing on the cake.

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that, realised I've posted this in the wrong place... VY in the VX section... But the reality is although the Monaro is going to hold it's value, it doesn't suit the needs of the family, it also doesn't excite me like the old VT clubbie I had before it. The 195 iron motor sounded fantastic and it had style. I don't expect the wagon to be like that, but it's probably not going to piss me off as often as the Monaro does.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Thanks for that, realised I've posted this in the wrong place... VY in the VX section... But the reality is although the Monaro is going to hold it's value, it doesn't suit the needs of the family, it also doesn't excite me like the old VT clubbie I had before it. The 195 iron motor sounded fantastic and it had style. I don't expect the wagon to be like that, but it's probably not going to piss me off as often as the Monaro does.

How come the Monaro pisses you off? haha

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Guess I'm not sold on them, two kids, wife and two doors, that gets old. I find myself driving my VS 304 ute more, I totally loved my VT, the Monaro I don't think I'm going to miss when it's gone.

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it definetly a 2005 vy?

weird because he's listed it as a 2005 VY series 2, from what i can see they didn't make the series 2 until 2006

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
That's odd, VY was from 2002 to 2004, maybe its a typo and meant to be 2004.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Late 2004 was the start of the VZ.