Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

----??? Should I have bought that thread ???----

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
A USB Lava Lamp, that doesn't really do anything apart from change colour, the bubbles don't move. sad.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sony Double DIN Player (still not installed)

Wanna sell it? :whistling

There are a few things I regret buying, probably the biggest is a block that is worth less now than when I bought it. Anyone want to buy a cheap block in Boddington WA?

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
hmm i do this pretty often. Bought an ipod touch off ebay, bidded on it because it was cheap.. it was a 8gb one, played with it for a couple days, liked it, but... i already have an 80gb ipod lol. So it just so happened that a mate was looking at buying one so i sold it to him for the same price i got it. saving him $250 :)

apart from that, a pda phone which i used for about 6 months, but it was so big and annoying i went back to my k750i which i had only bought a few months before the pda lol. still have it never use it.

various things for the car that ive bought on impulse. like the sound system, rims and the exhaust, all on impulse. Days where i had just been bored at home screwing around on here or ebay or something, went out and just bought stuff i didn't really need. i still like and use all those things but had i not bought them then i probably would not have spent the money on this car. The rims i had known about for a while, because i got them off my cousin, didn't want to buy them originally because i wanted bigger rims, but i got bored of my stockies one day, had just gotten the stimulus package, so i went and got them off him lol. i guess the only thing that was worth it was the sound system, because i use it every day and enjoy it :)

i'm lucky i stopped myself from buying a 360 the other month for no reason lol, i know for sure i'd only use it once.

can't think of anything else at the moment, but i think i might be possibly the worst when it comes to impulse buying lol

Killawarra

My Ride^^^
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Sigh.
I have two horses:
4 saddles, one fits both of my horses perfectly, which is pretty much the only one I ride in.
7 full bridles, plus heaps of spare bridle parts/bits.
I've lost count of how many rugs I've got, including the rugs that are miles too small for both of my horses.
HUGE amounts of riding clothes for myself, which never get used, because the ones I always use are way more comfortable than anything else.
4 helmets.
God knows how many fly veils.
.. plenty more..
All for two horses and one of me.

Another thing I regret getting, which I did from the very second I got it, was my Hiptop.
I got it because I liked the plan that it was on. But it was the biggest brick, and a pain in the arse when I was working, because it would never fit in my pocket, and it was hard to use with one hand, which was how I had to use it a majority of the time.
Stupid thing!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
bought 4x "holden centre caps" with no photo on ebay, buy it now 50 bucks and attached to my note "im wrapped ... 50 bucks is cheap for all 4 I've seen em advertised for closer to $100!"

I was thinking they were interceptor/chaser center caps and yeh 50 bucks for 4, bargain :thumbsup:

Seller got annoyed because the auction said "pickup only" and I was interstate, but anyway I payed 10 bucks extra for postage.

They come in, ... in an envolope. I thought huh?

Turns out its the small HSV center cap decal with the HSV logo and black background.

Anyway seller has now put another set on Ebay for $88 buy it now, Im thinking because I raved about how cheap they were in the excitement I thought I had saved a few bucks.

So now they sit under my monitor as a reminder - DONT BID on something without a photo ;)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
A VY Ute from my company!
I now have three cars and my friend has now done more Kays in it than me!

haha hey its a nice ute and more useful then mine.

Actually speaking of in a way the HJ is like that. I bought it thinking it just needed new tyres and some re-wiring done to get the front lights working again after a bodged twin headlight conversion and bang, it'll be on the road.

How wrong I was.

7 months later its still sitting as it was 5 months ago :bang: Ive already spent 2 or 3 times more then I spent on the whole thing on replacement parts and keep finding more to replace.

doing the maths I couldve bought a manual VR or VS SS, I found one too (un touched BT1 as well) that had been sitting out the back of a dealer for ages and they were happy to move it, but no ... I went classic.

I know when its done Im sure it'll be worth it, but at the moment its been a waste of $1000 plus the rest, its a waste of space ... oh and the corner of the carport ive used to all the rubbish and new parts is ... waste of space :whistling

Chalky01

Hose Technician.. HAHA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Another thing I regret getting, which I did from the very second I got it, was my Hiptop.
I got it because I liked the plan that it was on. But it was the biggest brick, and a pain in the arse when I was working, because it would never fit in my pocket, and it was hard to use with one hand, which was how I had to use it a majority of the time.
Stupid thing!

ARGH unfortunately i have to agree with you there. I bought the hiptop simply because of the plan, then realised calls were expensive ONLY after i racked up one hell of a huge bill, lol in total cost me $2000, gave it to my girlfriends parents when i finally paid it off... :bang:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
A bit off topic buut when i was 17 i could have bought a SLR5000 4spd for $5000 it was in pretty crap condition but it ran and it was registered!

the reason i didn't get it was cos mum did want me having a V8 ( i could've talked her round but didn't )