Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should I let him

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Got motorvation cumin up (Perth car show). Mate of mine wants to borrow my 17's with brand new tread on for a good show. He will replace tyres. Should I or not?

ozrockracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute Series III
One of my least favorite past-times is loaning things to friends....one of the easiest ways to screw up a perfectly good friendship is to loan or borrow, money, cars and wives.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'd say no. Simply cause he can keep the rims on and you never get to touch them again. and jack **** can be done about that..
then again I cant trust anyone with $20 so eh.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Got motorvation cumin up (Perth car show). Mate of mine wants to borrow my 17's with brand new tread on for a good show. He will replace tyres. Should I or not?

Only you know what your mate is like. If you trust 'em than loan them, if you don't trust them that much than just tell them straight to their face that they are worth a fair bit and you don't want any damage to come to them, if they are a real friend they will understand.

i find mainly the wives wrecks it

Unless you trade up.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
If you felt the need to make this thread because you weren't even sure if you should lend them to your mate or not, then i'd say don't lend them to him.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
if he can afford to put new tread on them, then he can afford a second hand set off gumtree

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Is this where we sign up for the wife swap?
WTS
25 year old
5 foot 8
blue eyed blonde
pros; busty, in good shape and healthy, good cook.
cons; talks to much, shops to much and is expensive to maintain.
Willing to swap for wife of eqaul or greater value, will not be down trading, even if you offer cash my way
PM me with offers.

seriously though, no you do not lend stuff like that to your mates, even if you do get it all back in satisfactory condition, theres going to be time in between that you have no decent wheels on your car. and if you mate offers to give you spare wheels to use while he has yours.... tell him to use the spare wheels.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
WTS
25 year old
5 foot 8
blue eyed blonde
Willing to swap for wife of eqaul or greater value, will not be down trading, even if you offer cash my way
PM me with offers.

seriously though, no you do not lend stuff like that to your mates, even if you do get it all back in satisfactory condition, theres going to be time in between that you have no decent wheels on your car. and if you mate offers to give you spare wheels to use while he has yours.... tell him to use the spare wheels.

16205.gif

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
WTS
25 year old
5 foot 8
blue eyed blonde
PM me with offers.

I'd be willing to trade for my dog. Always happy to see you, doesn't talk much at all, will eat whatever you put in front of her, loves going for rides in your car, cheap to maintain, and even helps with the gardening.