Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should i put my other wheels on before alignment?

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
Hey, booked in for an alignment, camber, bushes tomorrow, over the weekend i decided to put my stock 15" wheels back on as i was driving a fair way to work this week and didnt want to ruin my good 19" tyres because the car is way out of alignment at the moment, just wondering if its going to make any difference by me putting my 19 inch wheels on now before the alignment tomorrow or if it will be fine to leave the 15's on, get the alignment done then put the 19's back on after it.
Cheers

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i can't see why it would make a difference you're getting a wheel alignment not a tyre alignment

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Get the alignment with your 19s. Since they will be a different width and offset this affects how the suspension sits. If you align on the 15s then swap back it will be out.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I'd put the 19's on but in reality I can't see why it should make any difference at all.Just a hint.Ask your aligner if reducing the toe in,or even running 0' toe on the front wheels would be in any way detrimental.I only run 16's nowadays but in the past I've found that when running low profile wide tyres ,0' toe prevents, or at least reduces, tram tracking.Not the best if you're driving in gymkhanas when you need to change direction quickly and often but pretty good for normal driving.You'd still have a little toe in at the rear of course to keep it straight and stable at high speeds.

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
Thanks guys, just my luck i wake up early this morning so i can get the wheels on then i drive it to the shop and they tell me the parts haven't come yet and he wrote down my wrong number so he couldn't ring me... sucks

TechRecruit

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
*Suspence*
Wow man I would be pissed. You posted that 8:00 am so you must have woke up quite early!

Yeah, It would be best to have the alignment dOne on the tyres you will usually drive on. Having the alignment done on stockers will affect the alignment when you stick the big rims on it.