Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I trade in my 350km VE Equipe Series II with 6000km SV6 series II?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
For a SS, 50,000kms is nothing.

The difference between the equipe and SS is chalk and cheese. Simply amazing difference.

Reason why i suggest it is cos your VW was sporty, you want a SV6 to have some sporty feel. Why not get what you want instead.

Won't be as economical as a VW or SV6 but price you pay but will only be minimal difference if any

Mind you, you would prob have ya foot down hard on the accelerator in the equipe or SV6 hoping and wishing was sportier.

I did that in a 2011 Corolla. Chewed up lots of fuel as wanted it to be as least half as responsive as my old XR6. Put ya foot down alot in any car will chew fuel.

However keep revs under 2000rpm and you will still pull away from people at the lights due to the torque.

My car does 500 kms to a tank being nicer to it and freeway over 600kms to a tank. 410-450 kms being mean and aggressive and in traffic.

Check out
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/bathurst-1000--with-a-twist-20091009-gqou.html

Reason for posting the above link is to show you that the 3.0 litre Commodore used more petrol then the 4.0 litre Falcon and that's cos in real world conditions torque does assist in fuel economy.

Sent from my HTC Liberty

Last edited:

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
A brand new 2012 plated SV6 are going for 37,500 on road with rear park assist and reverse camera. I just bought my new one on Friday.

I'd shop around if your wanting to trade up. Do it now while you only have the low K's.

Dudez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Equipe
How much should i expect/except the trading value on my car? I paid $36,990 10 days ago and it's 350kms on the clock now.

Thanks again for the advice guys.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
A brand new 2012 plated SV6 are going for 37,500 on road with rear park assist and reverse camera. I just bought my new one on Friday.

I'd shop around if your wanting to trade up. Do it now while you only have the low K's.

Was that Slavens Hexem?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
How much should i expect/except the trading value on my car? I paid $36,990 10 days ago and it's 350kms on the clock now.

Wouldn't expect much more than $28k or $29k.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6

Thanks again for the advice guys.

If its only 10 days old I would be wanting a damn good trade price considering... What has your selling dealer offered you?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Thanks for the advice guys.

Yes my equipe is a 3L/190kw so I guess there's not much different to SV6 3.6/210kw so the mod sounds like a great idea.

They are many used SS for around $35 - $40k with 50,000 or more Kms. As I mentioned in my first post that this is my first Holden, will I be safe enough to get them with the leftover of the factory 3 year warranty or have to have it with 6 year/175k extended warranty ?

Will there be a huge different in how it drives between when it was new and 50,000km or more?
I am going test drive couple (new and used) this week But I'd like to hear from people who have them.

Thanks again .

Theres a difference of 60nm of torque which is fairly huge. Torque is what puts you back in the seat.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Before going too far into it by Just talking, go and test drive sv6 and SS and see first hand what u prefer because it
is the only way for u to see..

And little/no difference between Brand new and 50,000 kms they are both under warranty still

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yep definitely test drive both.

Sent from my HTC Liberty