Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I trade in my 350km VE Equipe Series II with 6000km SV6 series II?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Cant afford a V8 but can afford to trade in a car that hasn't even burnt a tank of fuel yet :hmmm:

At $100 a tank and one tank a week, the $5000 to change over could pay for fuel for a year!

ctravm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I'm new here too but I wouldn't do any trade until you actually know what you want. Take some test drives, make the dealers work for their pay and be patient. We were looking for a manual V8 and wanted to pay less than $40k. Settled on a series II VE and then started looking hard. We got a VE with less than 2000kms, Walkinshaw performance pack with full exhaust, lowered, short shifter, sunroof and a few other niceties shipped from WA to the eastcoast for less than our budget. Only thing we didn't get was bigger wheels but we got plenty we didn't expect. There are bargains to be had if you look hard enough and don't jump at the first "great deal".

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
At $100 a tank and one tank a week, the $5000 to change over could pay for fuel for a year!
Change over for what, sounds like u are meaning you'll save fuel going to a V8???

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Change over for what, sounds like u are meaning you'll save fuel going to a V8???

Say whaaaaaat, how did you get that out what he wrote?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

Dudez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Equipe

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok guys

The dealer came back to me with this :

Trade in my Black Equipe Sportwagon Series II, 350km to Alto Grey VE SV6 Sportwagon, 6,500km Series II, tinted.
Total I have to pay is $7,500

Here is the car :

2011 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 SPORTSWAGON - Used-Car Suttons City Holden Rosebery Sydney

I need advise guys, should I go a head with it? they told me that I have to make decision by tomorrow!

Cheers

Have you test driven all that you wanted? SV6, SS etc?
Do you want a SV6?

Rememeber this, you made a regretful decision before, dont make the same decision twice.
Like i said, if you want a SS, test drive one and compare. Test drive both the SV6 and SS.

Do not be pressured into buying.

But if the SV6 is the car you want, then get it.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Sounds like you're really driving a hard bargain. It's hard to see how dealers make any money with savvy buyers like yourself around.

*sarcasm

Dudez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Equipe
Have you test driven all that you wanted? SV6, SS etc?
Do you want a SV6?

Rememeber this, you made a regretful decision before, dont make the same decision twice.
Like i said, if you want a SS, test drive one and compare. Test drive both the SV6 and SS.

Do not be pressured into buying.

But if the SV6 is the car you want, then get it.

Thanks man.
I had a test drive on this car on the weekend and liked it.

I'd love the SS but can't afford it! also I mainly drive in the city and I have already stretched my budget to SV6 :)

I am sure I will be happy to go with SV6 but not sure I'd be happy if I keep the Equipe.

I just need advise if the upgrade worth $7,500

Cheers