Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should i wait before puttin charger on ?

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
k guys, my second charger is in the post so now i have 2 of them, neither have been put on the car. just wondering if i should wait before putting it on ?

as in, i only have a 2.5" exhaust from cat bat with a k & n pod, should i wait to get bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, extractors and hi flow cat?

will i need a memcal before puttin it on as well? or will the kit work without anything fine ?

fleet5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYI equipe sedan and vyII acclaim wagon
Hope youve lower your compression before you bolt them on otherwise its gonna end in tears.!!!:cry:

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i take it your talking about those sc14 chargers??? dont worry bout waiting dude, they are nice and mild, if anything get some custom made ignition leads from queensland ignition leads so you can move the coil pack,
i'll do a guide soon on these chargers soon

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
i think ill just buy some longer leads if i can find some. whats this about compression ?

do you mean get a high compression gasket or is there something internally i need to do ? or doesnt it matter ?

also, is there any guides on how to get a boost gauge to work with the setup ?

fleet5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYI equipe sedan and vyII acclaim wagon
you need to get copper head gaskets to lower the compression otherwise youll be forcing to much air into the cylinder and if that happens youll end up chucking aleg out of bed!! (bending a conrod)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Definately get the copper head gaskets, hubby got too impatient and ran our vt with a blower (only 6psi at time) and blew the head gaskets. We also had the heads o-ringed.

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
how much would some copper head gaskets cost me?

wouldent it cost a tonne for someone to put these on? like, the same as when a head gasket stuffs up and needs replacing?

Also, the charger has the stock pulley right now and will be running on around 3 or 4 psi.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I've been running the SC14 on my series 2 late VP, i'm still wondering if it has the VR motor with higher compression or not....

either way, the car's been running over over a month now, and been going quite flat out with tuning and that kinda stuff happening.

Have absolutely no problems with it as of yet... with standard compression.

Luke

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
venomous said:
how much would some copper head gaskets cost me?

wouldent it cost a tonne for someone to put these on? like, the same as when a head gasket stuffs up and needs replacing?

Also, the charger has the stock pulley right now and will be running on around 3 or 4 psi.

copper head gasket is only a temp fix......jus run a lower boost on higher comp.......as u dont need as much boost to produce the same power on a high comp engine.......jus run high octane fuel and invest in a small cooler....

then l8ter down the track if u want more boost save for an engine rebuild and stick some forgies and so forth in

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
VLDavo said:
copper head gasket is only a temp fix......jus run a lower boost on higher comp.......as u dont need as much boost to produce the same power on a high comp engine.......jus run high octane fuel and invest in a small cooler....

then l8ter down the track if u want more boost save for an engine rebuild and stick some forgies and so forth in

They say not to run the SC14 with a cooler, no point........ It's too little, just like if you have any internal engine mod's it'll give even less power out..

Cheers
MaT