Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should my vt be this height? also lowering advice

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Hey fellas
i recently put new wheels on my car which is a 97 vt exec with standard springs and shock. They also have these airbag things in the rear (not bags lol) which helped when towing a caravan, if anything it was to keep it higher.

I put on 17s 235/45/17 and i know they are only 17s but i thought it would be higher than this. could it be my standard springs have sagged alot over time? or is it normal to be this height?

I was gonna put in sl's into the rear but im not sure if i want it dropped another 50mm from what it is now!

also the back is probs lower than the front which confuses me, but could be the lpg tank?

cheers fellas!

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 242

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Your 17's will be the same Height as your 15's becasue of the tyre profile (45) on the 17's

the height looks about right,

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Ohh ok cheers mate.

So would SL's be too low for 17s, or should i maybe go SLHD which i heard were a bit higher, in the rear

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ohh ok cheers mate.

So would SL's be too low for 17s, or should i maybe go SLHD which i heard were a bit higher, in the rear

All depends on the roads you drive on,

I have ssl kingsprings and 17"s on my VT and its "Low" really to low for these crappy roads around here, I also have LPG 72L tank,
It look great this low but its the roads are bad for it.

I was thinking of raising it back up to FE2 height its a good all round height

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
])R@G()N;1786241 said:
All depends on the roads you drive on,

I have ssl kingsprings and 17"s on my VT and its "Low" really to low for these crappy roads around here, I also have LPG 72L tank,
It look great this low but its the roads are bad for it.

I was thinking of raising it back up to FE2 height its a good all round height

Yeah would look good but legality and practicality will be more important to me.

I was also considering lows/fe2 but i think as my springs are old it probably wont be much of a different. Superlow will be it then.

Also on the SL and SLHD is there much difference?

cheers

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
LPG will definitely lower your car if it is not the factory fitted one. GMH fitted heavy duty springs to its cars that had LPG standard. The LPG outfit with a full 80 liter tank will add upwards of 150kg to the back of your car, hence the heavy duty springs. Fill your petrol tank, fill your LPG tank and look at the rear end. also look out for speed bumps in car parks especially if you have a tow bar fitted

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
alright then its settled.
another question.
I know in most cases with the same height springs the front will usually sit lower, but as i said mine has the extra weight and looks higher in the back will SL all round be levelled out?

also i have 17x8 rims, will SL on the front cause problems with rubbing?