Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Show N Shine.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
my car is currently a visually stock caprice and have entered many shows and will keep doing it. i can garentee there isnt many cars with nearly 90000km on the clock and in the condition this is.

the car undergoes a paint correction every 6 months so paint is near perfect and topped with either sealant and/or wax
car is washed every week and coat of aquawax
car always gets inside of the rims, tyres and arches cleaned with every wash (no need to put any products on arches when properly cleaned)
engine bay done cleaned every month and coated in 303
door jambs done every month
inside gets a vac and wipe out every 2 weeks and coat of 303
leather gets conditioner every 2-3 weeks
leather cleaned every 3 months

from this mantance i dont have a big job to get ready as the car is always basically show ready. its alot easier to da a little bit often then a huge job every now and then.

i wash car day before and just turn up with some quick detailer and a pile of plush microfibres and camera and go enjoy the day

ozhavok

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute
Sounds like a great way to meet other like minded enthusiasts!! Anyone have any links to these kind of events in Brisbane/Gold Coast??

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I know this is a bit of an old thread but I just thought I'd add that detailing a car is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Nothing looks better than a car that's had (in my case) 18+ hours of cleaning put into it.

024c1f44.jpg

1fc6684b.jpg

e9152958.jpg

c62a9ec4.jpg

3510ffc2.jpg

0f5e4b5d.jpg

This is my Statesman after many hours cleaning. It's due for another hit when I get a chance.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I agree, I love taking a couple of hours on a Sunday to give the car a really good clean. Most of my mates think I'm crazy but I find its very relaxing and looking at the car all finished gives me a strange sense of reward and pride. :D

Nothing beats the satisfaction of seeing how nice you can clean your car up.