Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

show of ur sound systems!

S-Pac_Sam

Constantly Sideways!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S V6 Manual
Not much to see Pioneer 6750MP HU
Clarion 6" Splits in the Front Doors (to be installed)
Clarion 6" 2 Ways on the Parcel Shelf
12" Pioneer Sub in Sealed Q-Max Box
Poweerd by a 500W RMS Response Amp

Attachments

• IMG_7875.JPG
    IMG_7875.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8491.JPG
    IMG_8491.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 196

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeh this is mine. got 6 inch splits in front and 6x9 9 splits in the back. some crappy sony head unit. a clarion and a boss amp. only the clarion is in right now
4/3/2 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER

640 Watts of Maximum Music Power • 90W x 4

Into 4 Ohms, 20Hz-20kHz @ < 0.05%THD • 150W

x 4 Into 2 Ohms, 20Hz-20kHz @ < 0.2%THD •

Bridgeable, 300W x 2, 20Hz-20kHz @ < 0.2%THD

• Mixed Mode Operation • Input Voltage Selector •

Precise Frequency Selector • Variable Bass Boost;

0-15dB @ 50Hz • Independent Front/Rear Adjustable

-12db/Oct. High/Low Pass Crossovers, 55Hz-550Hz

or 550Hz-5.5kHz with the Crossover Frequency

Multiplier• Gold Plated Connectors; RCA/Speaker

AND THE BOSS 2 CHANNEL

Max power, 2 ohm 350w x 2
Rms n/a
Bridged power 700w x 2
Max power, 1 ohm n/a
Signal-noise-ratio >105 dB
THD 0.01%
Dimensions, LxWxH 9 11/16” x 11 5/16” x 2 3/8”

dunno what half that **** means but it goes pretty hard. waiting on sub so i can put in boss amp. also i need to mount it all. thinking about a little try to hold it just below the parcel shelf hanging off metal bit in the boot

Attachments

• clarionsmall.jpg
    clarionsmall.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 226
  • bosssmall.jpg
    bosssmall.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 207
  • decksmall.jpg
    decksmall.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 191

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Not trying to pay out on your equipment VLACS, but in all seriousness you may want to consider getting a fire extinguisher to go with that boss amp. They have a reputation for their fire starting abilities. A $30 fire extinguisher may just be the best investment of your life.

P.S. - i also suffer from the Sony headunit syndrome, fortunately i don't have their speakers though.

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
ENVY you all

i cant honestly believe some of you done have boot rattle, my god my whole car rattles but i dont mind it, it sounds like someone is trapped in my boot trying to kick their way free lol my statesmans boot garnish is cracked again and really dont know what to do as they are bloody costly and they keep cracking...one thing i will say how annoying is the factory rear vision mirror with 4 little plastic tabs holding it on far out couldnt holden see the flaw...i just killed rear vision mirror n07 :( resorting to aftermarket metal one hope it lasts

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
heres mine

1x sony CDX-F7710
2x pairs of sony xs-V1642a 6 1/2" 4 ways
1x sony XM504Z 4 channel 500w
1x Reponse CAR AMP 4X100WRMS
2x Sony 1200watt - 350wrms 12" subs

View attachment 20398 View attachment 20399

Last edited:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
ive also got bad vibration problem in front doors with my sony 6inch, was gonna buy the dynamat, but sum1 told me about spraying this foam stuff in there????wouldnt that mean i cant open my window?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
it would depend where exactly you spray it... First of all, have you ever taken the door trim off before??? If so you'll see that there is a very thin piece of transparent molded plastic that covers up all the service holes and sort of seperates the door. If you were to leave this on and then spray the foam in the part of the door between the door skin and this piece of plastic it shouldn't mess with your window because the glass of the window goes down into the door behind this clear transparent molded piece of plastic hence it would not get in there. Personally i'd advise against it as using expander foam will probably be a pain in the butt and i wouldn't want my door full of that.

I'm half way through dynamatting my front doors at the moment. If you need any help give us a buzz. I might do up a how-to on sound deadening doors if i get time/photos. Cheers, Bryce.

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
Brycestro said:
it would depend where exactly you spray it... First of all, have you ever taken the door trim off before??? If so you'll see that there is a very thin piece of transparent molded plastic that covers up all the service holes and sort of seperates the door. If you were to leave this on and then spray the foam in the part of the door between the door skin and this piece of plastic it shouldn't mess with your window because the glass of the window goes down into the door behind this clear transparent molded piece of plastic hence it would not get in there. Personally i'd advise against it as using expander foam will probably be a pain in the butt and i wouldn't want my door full of that.

I'm half way through dynamatting my front doors at the moment. If you need any help give us a buzz. I might do up a how-to on sound deadening doors if i get time/photos. Cheers, Bryce.

Hey Bryce, if you could post a how to on the sound deadening that would be great, as im almost up to doing that with mine. cheers, Zach

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
alright mate no worries. i'll track down where the digital camera got to and then take as many pictures as possible along the way. I've alread taken my door trim off on both sides, but i was thinking i might try and do a how-to with some actual pictures for removing the door trim while i'm at it. I know i found it to be a real pain in the a*se first time i tried without any pictures. Cheers, Bryce.

NKX

Reaction score
My money-pit...

Thought I may as well add some pics of my system in here. Its alright I guess... I need more clarity though. This is my fully-active sound-quality project - I am not after massive "doof", although I do achieve 131.1dB on Term @ 44Hz while playing music!

Here we have...

• Headunit...............Alpine CDA-9833
  • Front Stage Control....AudioControl DXS (6-channel 24dB Digital X-Over)
  • Front Speakers.........Eclipse SC8365 3-way splits (fully active)
  • Front Amp 1............Eclipse EA3422 (4x60w RMS for front tweeters and Mids)
  • Front Amp 2............Alpine MRV-T1505 (Bridged to 2x 275wRMS for front woofers)
  • Rear Speakers..........Eclipse SC8264 2-way Splits (fully active)
  • Rear Amp 1.............Alpine MRV-F305 (4x 50wRMS)
  • Subwoofer 1............Eclipse SW-7124.T2 12" Dual 2Ohm Subwoofer
  • Subwoofer 2............Eclipse SW-7124.T2 12" Dual 2Ohm Subwoofer
  • Sub Amp 1..............Alpine MRV-T505 (Bridged 1x320wRMS in 4 Ohm)
  • Sub Amp 2..............Alpine MRV-T505 (Bridged 1x320wRMS in 4 Ohm)
This system consists of: 12 Active Speakers ... 5 Amps ... an unimpressive 1600+ wRMS of power ... 1x Family-sized Sedan ... No Sponsorship ... A lot of time and effort.

And yes... most of those amps are 1997-series Alpine V12, I've been collecting this equipment for years and years now, though it was finally time to shove it all in my boot.

What you don't see here is the literally hundres of kilos of sound deadening, the array of circuit breakers, the second battery, the fire extinguisher, the miles of cables and connectors... and obviously the massively complicated and feature-rich alarm system to make sure this gear STAYS in my car.

Well thats version 2.0 of my system... now for 2.1, I need another amplifer in there to start increasing my subwoofer power. Perhaps replacing the T505s with T1505s and running a pair of JL W6 sibwoofers at 900wRMS each.... hmmm.

Attachments

• NKX1.jpg
    NKX1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 214
  • NKX2.jpg
    NKX2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 152
  • NKX3.jpg
    NKX3.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 162