Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shudder? done a search but need to put my case to people

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
Got a vs berlina . manual. lsd.
Lsd is about 10000km old so its new. tailshaft god knows. box was fine when installed.
it shudders as i take off and in reverse . and at i feel it threw the steeringwheel when i change second. almost like the cars stalled as i go into second thats kinda the feeling it makes and the steering wheel feels like its about to go threw the roof. its only really on take off. no shudder once u come off the clutch and do say 3000rpm and kick it in the guts its smooth as. now its a vs series 1 t5 is it ment to run oil or dexron3 with lubrizol. it also seems like the thrust bearing is making a knockin noise. when u psuh the clutch in and out it comes and goes. also on take off a u hear the odd "ting" coming from under the car. lookin at doing a heap of km soon so i wanna fix the problemo. thanks guys

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds a bit like engine mounts either soft, sagged or sheared.

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
brand new when conversion was done in april?

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Spigot bearing ??? is this a conversion from auto to manual ??? anyways id be lookin in that area , maybe even pressure plate

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
i changed the spiggot. yes is from auto to manual. sorry i should of added when the conversion was done it was smooth as silk. its only now its shuddering. about 30,000km later

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Is the shuddering worse if you let the clutch slip alot when you take off. Good change you need the flywhel machined as they often warp and give a shudder similar to what you've mentioned.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Warped flywheel.
Maching will do nothing, it will get warm and be back to square one.

Excedy make a replacement flywheel for around $750-800 or can get a chinese one for around the $400 mark from memory. Not_an_abba_fan is able to get the chinese ones.

My ute does the same, cant justify the flywheel + clutch money on it at the moment (over a grand) so I'm just gonna live with it, until this clutch goes pop.

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
if i load it up to take off it doesnt seem so bad

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
seems to have less pull also......running fine no area codes. not popping and farting just boot it and the shudder seems to soak up the power till u get into higher revs. if i the clutch out without using accellerator and let it roll it will shudder slow. soon as i plant it its shuddering hard till about 3000 or so rpm

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
I should get up earlier , as mentioned , Flywheel . Most likely got hot spots on it , no need for a new one get it machined by sumone who specializes in doing them , the trick prior to machining is to heat the whole thing up so as to normalise the metal , then wrap it in a blanket and allow it to cool ,. then machine . chuck in a new good quality clutch an ur done