Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shudder on Take off

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had the problem and it was a cracked bearing. I have read two or three times where people have had out of balance shafts. It would seem that poorly balanced shafts occur every now and then. IIRC VP Rob was chasing the issue for months and it turned out to be the shaft incorrectly balanced.
Aftermarket bearings can cause issues too as i found. If replacing one Gen is the best. I'm actually going to buy a spare bearing while they can still be bought.

Markvyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
This has to be the best thread dig for 2020 so far, don't count out a bad ignition system from coil to plugs to TPS to injectors, rough engine can shake the car on quick take off.
Having too much hsv blinker fluid can unbalance the flux capacitor too mate

Markvyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
I had the problem and it was a cracked bearing. I have read two or three times where people have had out of balance shafts. It would seem that poorly balanced shafts occur every now and then. IIRC VP Rob was chasing the issue for months and it turned out to be the shaft incorrectly balanced.
Aftermarket bearings can cause issues too as i found. If replacing one Gen is the best. I'm actually going to buy a spare bearing while they can still be bought.
i get my LX parts from a small business called rare spares in prospect (Sydney) they always take hard to get parts and re manufacture them as close to OEM genuine as it gets so if you ever get stuck mechanical wise losh he’s the man to see he posts interstate too if your out of town...some days he can locate genuine parts but if he can’t that’s his gig and they have been around for donkeys

Markvyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
How do I test to see I don't want to end up in the wrong year..
***Make sure before you test***have you B&M ratchet shifter set to rip shift so it’s manualised auto.....put the hazard switch on and make sure the car will turn left and right...if it only turns one way you need to replace the opposite side brake pads and when the car turns both ways then check the fluid level..but it has to be genuine hsv fluid other wise the car will automatically flip on its roof and you will have all sorts of dramas

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
***Make sure before you test***have you B&M ratchet shifter set to rip shift so it’s manualised auto.....put the hazard switch on and make sure the car will turn left and right...if it only turns one way you need to replace the opposite side brake pads and when the car turns both ways then check the fluid level..but it has to be genuine hsv fluid other wise the car will automatically flip on its roof and you will have all sorts of dramas
That's to much info do you have a easer way, I have a left brake and a right brake pedal but only on the back to turn, no steering wheel, I also have a diff lock to steer me straight, My handbrake is to the front wheels for hill climbs so I don't flip. I don't think I have a flux capacitor or is that my two finger solute pair of front led lights I have.

Markvyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
That's to much info do you have a easer way, I have a left brake and a right brake pedal but only on the back to turn, no steering wheel, I also have a diff lock to steer me straight, My handbrake is to the front wheels for hill climbs so I don't flip. I don't think I have a flux capacitor or is that my two finger solute pair of front led lights I have.
you have gone 1 set of lights too many...turn around go back to the next set....turn left into the matrix and you will find what you need

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Replacing the muffler bearings with good quality premium parts can also reduce vibrations.
premium-quality-replacement-werd-jeepparts-newandimproved-mufflerbearings-seemslegit-26592284.jpg

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Could be the Bluetooth signal from the diff box to transmission getting a interference, may need to be realigned might be a few degrees out making it shudder..;)

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
My ute doesn't shudder. Is it because it is blue?