Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SHYHII 35K for sale on EBAY

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
People do up their cars because they enjoy it, and for what it's worth 65k doesn't really get you that much these days.... i know i could easily spend that much...
$65K on a VK for only 620 horsepower?

Mate, you could buy a BRAND NEW SS, put a GenTT kit on it and still have change from $65K. The end result would blow the doors off that VK and do it drinking far less fuel to boot.

If you don't believe me, check this out: http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/genttr.htm

"Power: 550 kw (730 hp)
Torque: 1020 Nm"

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
Well i recon i could buy a VT ss for 15-18K and new kit 3K wheels 3K exhaust 1K few engine mods 3K lowering 2~3K new Paint job 3~4K thats still only 35 grand and you have a heaps better car! TryHRd is a $120,000 car and it would woop skyhii in power!

ummm try like 10 grand to get a show quality paintjob like on skyhi
20-30 thousend on engine mods to get it as reliable and put out as much horspower as shkyhi... also did u forget about the transmission try another 3 grand to keep up with the power of the engine also u might need a new diff becasue stock diffs gonna **** its slef under massive load.. then how about we look at feul systems theres another few grand ...bla bla bla bla bla

for 35k that vk is a bargain.... and the owner of tryhard spend alot more then 120k on his car :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
no matter how good the car is mechanically, i'd never pay a ridiculous amount for a 20 or so year old car.
one dent, one scratch, one smash, all down the drain, no matter what insurance company you're with.

no investment back from cars.

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
The guy isn't mad for spending that much on his car, he would be more mad to thinking about selling it. It would be stupid doing such thing. If it was me, I'd never sell it because someone would come along with too much money in their pocket and score a bargain. To someone who would have tons of money, there is no doubt in my opinion that it would be a bargain, but overall, it's nothing special or by far original and not a rare item. Buying an original group A HDT build would be a much more worthwhile investment because of it's rareness and a lot cheaper too. :)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i hate listening tyo this sometime...

"i could build a faster car for that"
"i could by a newer car for that"
"i could by a better looking car for that"
"i could make more horses than that"
"id never spend money on a old car like that"

blah blah blah blah fuk fuk'uty blah.......

i mod VN/VP's cos they are the ****! They are the nicest looking commo's around. I think they look great.

If i had 65k to spend on a car... i would do a VT HSV R8 M5 AREO super monster car that does a million horses and blows the doors of vayrons.... id do up a VP... cos i like those cars! There is only so much money you can spend on a cars engine before its too stupid to own on the fuk'n road. God damnit, paint job, stero, bodykits, rims, interior the car has to be a complete package. And it has too look nice.

I like his car, i wouldn't by it cos its a vk, and i dont like vk's... thats simple, but if i did then im sure it would be worth it. Good one him, im sure that someone will by it for whats its worth.

and too all those who manage to think that they have the economical modding guide.... why mod anycar at all???? theres always a new, faster car that needs to have money spent on it... better sell you car now as its already out of date.

Modding is personal, NO ONE can decide whats a better investment than yourself.

aZk.