Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Sic six?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac manual/VE sportswagon omega Z-series
Custom High-Performance Holden/Buick V6 engines - Sic Six

does anyone know anything about these guys
iv been thinking about having a motor built by them

customised-holden-v6-engine-birdsey.jpg

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
This is a cairns mob hey. I have seen there ute at Townsville drags 1 nite and it ran like a bucket of ****!! I dont know wat the problem was but he couldnt get it running even close to properly. I have also seen it at a car show we had down here in Innisfail and from memory it didnt have the biggest power figure I have seen on a supercharged V6. Also another thing I didnt like about them is that they try to sell you a aftermarket ecu (which aint cheap) But the standard ecu is more than up to the task of handling the engine mods!!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Their demo ute makes over 400hp at the tyres.
I've never seen it at the strip, but thats only a matter of time.
They've put a lot of R & D into that engine, with a lot of parts brought in from the States and modified to fit.
Worth talking to, you can't write them off just through one persons OPINION.

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
Wen i seen the dyno sheet it wasnt that hi, maybe they have done some work on it since. And yes that was my OPINION only.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you are looking at getting a motor built, maybe try these guys:

SRE ENGINE PACKAGES

They build engines for SUPERCARS (LARRY PERKINS),NASCARS (JIM RICHARDS) ,FORMULA 1 ADELAIDE ,HOLDEN 7 SECOND DRAG CAR ,SPORTS SEDANS QLD, SPEEDWAY WITH 327 SPRINT CARS AND STREET STOCKS.
so they have to be pretty good.

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
wogster- that ute is one of the highest powered v6 utes in qld quite easyly, and if you have spoken to him he actualy knows his ****! weather it be NA or forced. last dyno run was round 450 give or take and i've spoken to him many times about building a motor and hasn't said a thing about a new ecu

highly recommend them, if your a local to cairns go and see him and have a chat.

Reaction score
Members Ride
they seem like the only guys serious about V6 engine building, everytime i mention V6 or Ecotec to builders they basically tell me to pi## o##

TwinTurboHB

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.3L V6 Buick twin turbo
G'day ProblemChild, If your considering sicsix for a SERIOUS performance V6 I cant recommend them enough!! I own the Hb Torana on there website which is a fresh 4.3L twin turbo V6 Buick motor. On my first visit to Townsville drags I ran 12.1sec @ 115mph on only 6lbs of boost! Every engine produced from these guys are personalised to suit whatever your application requirements. Once we do further work we will up the boost to 18lbs+ which my motor will cope with fine because of all the good gear inside, my aim is to have the quickest street registered V6 in Oz which is not far from our radar, watch this space...Remember sicsix build SERIOUS race/street engines not your off the shelf standard performance stuff..Good Luck.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Extreme V6. Matchport in that thread works for Sic Six as i told you in the other forum have you tried to contact him? there are plenty who will deal with the v6 where are you located?

i have swapped a few emails with Ron, he seems to know his stuff and really enthusiastic in answering all my questions

Im in sydney