Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side Airbag Recall

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yeah, I saw this too. I was trying to find some more infromation on which particular VZs (year, etc) are prone to this, but I couldn't find it.

I recently got my VZ and updated the owner info on the Holden website, but I'm not sure how long that takes to come into affect. I guess time will tell??

Boofis, give Holden a couple of weeks with the ownership change. Thats how long mine took when I filled in the change of owner form and posted it to them.

Luckily I'm in the clear with this one. Still having problems with intermittent parking sensors though which the dealer can't find a problem with :(

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Got a letter in the mail yesterday from the dealership that sold me the car stating that this issue had come to light, to contact holden dealership of my choice and get it booked in for the work. Wonder if I should tell em to do my 75k service free of charge for the inconvenience.....

let me know how you go i might get them to fix my bcm issue.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
yay, rang holden and mines fine.

PBR

Speedway Driver
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Commodore Ute
Damn my mine was built in March 05... I have L406*** please don't tell me ii i have to take it back...

What happens if you didn't buy your car from a holden dealership??? I brought mine from a different car yard and i haven't got a letter about it yet is this why???

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
ring holdens and they'll check it for ya.

have you filled out the change of ownership form in the log book?

I hadn't but cos i had it serviced by a holden dealer they had it on record.

the actual check is supposed to take half hour, i will confirm this on sat as mine is booked in for then.

one thing my dealer said was "if theres no problem your all good to go, but if it needs to be fixed then your in trouble"

not sure as to what he was reffering to, maybe they're short of supply but i def wont be paying for it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Dude, didn't they do this years ago to the VZ for exactly the same reason? It was to do with the airbag wire under the seat not being secured properly and something about a static discharge as you slide across the seat getting out of the car?

Major deja vu here.

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Got the letter this morning...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
that sure would be funny to see if it happened to someone at a shopping centre car park

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
would be something like out of a comedy wouldn't it :D **guy opens car door to get out **BANG** gets sandwiched inbetween seat and steering wheel** hahah

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah but its not to do with static elec this time.

its to do with the bracket that holds the airbag in place.