Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side console panel keeps coming off?

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Hi..the console plastic side panel (that runs along the side of where the driver sits) on my Omega keeps coming off and dropping down...I can only see one clip that seems to hold it in place..just wondering if anyone can tell me how to fit the thing so it stays put!

Thanks.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
there is 3 clips, one is next to the seat, roughly in the middle, the second one is near the back of the panel in the glovebox area, and the front piece wedges in under the lower part of the dash console

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
Our police vehicle VE commodores side panels are always falling off. We send them to Holden and they fix them, but within a week they fall off again.

Could be a design issue in the first place.

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
got ya!

I reckon there must be prize at holden for the guy that comes up with the best "stupid way to attached something to something else"..

After having to put in far to much effort..for such a thing..I finally figured out the problem was with the plastic clip..for some reason it has a softer inner lip (sounds sexy ha)..that was stopping it from seating properly..F### knows why it was there.. cos I just cut it off with a knife..and she clipped on nice...well...much better..the front part still seems like its in the running for that prize...but at least it wont fall off...the boys at Holden should take a side line and make puzzles..they are naturals at it!...

Lumina439

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
it happened to me and then I found that it wasn't correctly placed and one of the clips @ the front was not locked .. I fixed it then it didn't fall anymore

Rodeo058

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 9C1
My 2006 VE Omega Ex-Cop car was like that . Both sides were loose as the Police Workshops pull them out when fitting their gear and when the vehicles have done their 12 Months with the cops , they strip out all their crap and chuck the panels back in any old way and send the car to auction. I had to refit my bumpers as they remove those as well. The rock-apes at the wetherill park workshops couldn't care less either way. I removed all my console panels on both sides ( 3 on either side I think ) I drilled some small pilot holes through the 3 sections & screwed them together out on a bench and refitted them as one whole panel per side plus a few new retainers from Holden Dealer to replace the ones the Rock-Apes had lost or snapped off. Another VE problem to add to the list ! I wonder what nobhead from Holden came up with that great design , a puzzle with no instructions. GOOD ONE MATE !