Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side indicator delete

Jadster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore ute (lfx)
Hi, I know it might be a bit silly but just want to see if anyone knows of or has done a side indicator delete. My side indicators are damaged so wanting to see if it would look cool. Thanks!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Why not just replace them?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1713789935023.png

Keeping your car legal should be your priority not running the risk of a defect.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can’t “delete” the indicators because they are kind of legally important. Like, they let other drivers know your intentions. Of course you might previously owned a Camry, so would be used to not using the indicators, perhaps unaware the stalk on the steering column is used for something.

Jadster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore ute (lfx)
You can’t “delete” the indicators because they are kind of legally important. Like, they let other drivers know your intentions. Of course you might previously owned a Camry, so would be used to not using the indicators, perhaps unaware the stalk on the steering column is used for something.
Haha yeah I understand it is silly just seeing if anyone has done it before and if it could look cool

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Haha yeah I understand it is silly just seeing if anyone has done it before and if it could look cool
No. No it would not look cool.

Your insurance company will also think it does not look cool if they inspect the vehicle after an accident.

The police will also think it does not look cool as they slap the yellow sticker on the windscreen.

The person who gets hit because they did not see you were turning will not think it looks cool.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yeah ........... Do it................ It will look really cool ........... You shouldn't worry about what others think, or the legalities ........... You're in QLD, so no yearly roadworthy inspections.
What have you planned? Araldite some plastic over the hole ? A piece of tin attached with self tappers ? Matching rattle can spray colour ?
Go for it. And, we need pics when finished.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Yeah ........... Do it................ It will look really cool ........... You shouldn't worry about what others think, or the legalities ........... You're in QLD, so no yearly roadworthy inspections.
What have you planned? Araldite some plastic over the hole ? A piece of tin attached with self tappers ? Matching rattle can spray colour ?
Most Victorians in Qld don't know indicators are activated by the stalk on the steering column.
I'm going to hell for this ain't I ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Actually at age 19 we would take an FJ Holden with only one tail light and add indicators and extra tail lights, then the public servant would tell us to remove them cause it was not manufacturers specification.

Thinking more about it Jadster, if you do remove them, move to the Sunshine Coast and you will be among like minded people who have no indicators and no stop lights.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex