Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI Cams upgrade

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
His question to this thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH what you said.

now we have +1 of all the guys on this forum that answer on a thread without answering the question... sorry but thats what females do....

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
The sv6 army ganging up on me do I have v8 boys to help me out here haha

orsm-ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportswagon
Actually depending on your insurance company there can be a massive difference
RACQ - Once I had my Fibreglass bonnet installed wanted over $1000 a year
NRMA - Don't care what modifications are on the vehicle as long as it remains Street Legal, costing just shy of $650 a year

I'm 31, never had an accident, never made a claim, been solo driving since 16 and 6 months...

Other way around for me. NRMA just jumped $250 since I got insurance and RACQ wanted the same as what NRMA was originally. Beats the **** out of me how that works.

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The sv6 army ganging up on me do I have v8 boys to help me out here haha

If u already have a v6, it will cost u about 10gs to "upgrade" to the same year SS as you have to take depreciation of you v6 into account. Say I paid 30k for my SV6 6 months ago, it will be worth 20k if I traded in on a SS worth 35k that's a 15k upgrade! Cams cost $1100 to my door

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Imagine the running cost of a camed v8 around Sydney CBD! 20l/100ks

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Plus i like my SV6, it's lowered nicely on 20s, good interior and paint. Why not spend a little on it making it my own. It's not a crime. I use to have a 4cylinder that i spent money on, it's fun, it's what car lovers do. It's not about having the fastest car, it's about making the car better and making it fun to drive.

Yes a SS would be nice, but so would a clubsport or a Monaro. Ill have those cars one day, but today I have a SV6 and that's the car I'll spend some money on.