Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI conversion

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey everyone, so i was trying to research the differences between the non SIDI and the SIDI motors, and although i know how they are different in operation, im not too sure as to how they are physically different... injectors etc..
so it got me thinking maybe a conversion was possible? if its straight foreward it would be the best kw gain mod (without fI) but better yet the sidi's seem to have a nicer exhaust note which is what im after :) plus better fuel eonomy. (note this is not an exhaust thread purely sidi)

so has anyone ever done this or heard of it being done? parts $$ yaknow all the usual let me know what you know ;)

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
No point to be honest. If you want an SIDI motor then just trade your car in for one with an SIDI, a lot less hassle.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
hey mate ill trade u my 3.l sidi omega if ur sv6 if manual haha

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The difference between the alloytec manual and SIDI manual isn't that huge that you'd be gaining anything significant, biggest gain with the new motor was the 6 speed auto box. Spend the money instead on your alloytec and you'll end up on top. 3-5k = lowered, new rims, tune, CAI etc.

fjwb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 cv8
DI stands for direct injection, big differences to heads and compression. Can't see that it would be a worthwhile retro fit Without just swapping the motor.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
i would go with kuzman:)

and mate i was researching if its cheap enough to convert my omega back in the day and basicaly you will need to change the whole wiring loom engine tranny diff the works and could cost you anywhere from 10k to 25k basicaly a second hand ss

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The heads are completely different. The SIDI has a fuel pump driven by one of the cams and the injectors go through to the combustion chamber. The compression ratio is higher different too. As others have said it would be cheaper to trad in and upgrade