Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi v6 vs R33 skyline turbo

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Doesn't really matter if the GTST has decent tread and traction it will still walk awaywith a fairly easy win.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
hamma wrong way round mate the commy has more power wnd torque the skyline has less weight and with stock tyre options less grip for the GTST.
in ideal situation the sports car should romp home the tradie ute but the moden v6 ute and the 90's sports car on figures and therorectical maths are about equal.

i mean a astra diesel is faster around a track that the 70's supercars that top gear tested.
Age and use take there toll moden engines gearboxes make a difference

the gtr was a whole different kettle of fish that was a race car the GTST was not no matter how much some boy racers want it to be

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
lol @ at sidi keeping up with a r33 turbo, if its got all the bolt ons with a good tune they will keep up with mafless tuned v8s (depending on how much boost obviously) and even beat us lol the v6 has no hope

stock for stock no bolt ons no tune

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Ok I have another one for you guys

A clubby vs a twin turbo supra

(i'm pretty sure you guys can give a concise answer to that one)

first twin turbo supra had 206KW and 431NM and weighed 1550KG
upraded models had 239KW and 427NM same weight
0-100 4.3 1/4 in 13.3

first clubbie not even close modern E3 clubbie maybe

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
GTST isnt all-wheel is it? so depends if its a GTR or not?

GTS-T is rear wheel drive. GTR at GTS4/Attesta systems on various other models are the AWD/4WD Nissan systems.

hamma wrong way round mate the commy has more power wnd torque the skyline has less weight and with stock tyre options less grip for the GTST.
in ideal situation the sports car should romp home the tradie ute but the moden v6 ute and the 90's sports car on figures and therorectical maths are about equal.
i mean a astra diesel is faster around a track that the 70's supercars that top gear tested.
Age and use take there toll moden engines gearboxes make a difference

the gtr was a whole different kettle of fish that was a race car the GTST was not no matter how much some boy racers want it to be

I'm curious to see how you think I'm wrong and that the SIDI SV6 has more power than an R33 GTST. The SV6 puts out 210kw at the motor, which equates to about 140-145rwkw in a 1600kg car. The R33 in a 1200kg car puts out 180kw at the rear wheels which is about 240-250kw at the motor. A motor on boost will be pushing harder than the Alloytec in a heavy chassis car.

Mate, without bringing a whole bunch of physics to the argument, there is no chance the SIDI would keep up at all with a boosting Skyline. No chance.

sv6man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6
i've seen times for the SIDI doing 6.3 seconds to 100, and 14.3 on the 1/4 from memory. If we are talking completly stock and take into account the age of the skyline I would say the commodore.

Thats the fastest time I have heard for the SIDI.
Was that stock or modified?

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
180rwkw vs 210fwkw mate. R33 is lighter, more torque and more push from the turbo. It will eat the SIDI like a dinner.

INCORRECT, i would like you to show me a stock R33 gts-t that has 180rwkw. They are 187kw at the flywheel.
I had a mildly modified R33 gtst, full exhaust, intake, better fuel pump, boost controller etc etc running 10psi and I had about 170rwkw
I've never had an VE sv6 but my SS would romp my old 33 in a drag, even with the extra weight, i think stock for stock it would be close, definitely come down to driver

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
GTS-T is rear wheel drive. GTR at GTS4/Attesta systems on various other models are the AWD/4WD Nissan systems.

I'm curious to see how you think I'm wrong and that the SIDI SV6 has more power than an R33 GTST. The SV6 puts out 210kw at the motor, which equates to about 140-145rwkw in a 1600kg car. The R33 in a 1200kg car puts out 180kw at the rear wheels which is about 240-250kw at the motor. A motor on boost will be pushing harder than the Alloytec in a heavy chassis car.

Mate, without bringing a whole bunch of physics to the argument, there is no chance the SIDI would keep up at all with a boosting Skyline. No chance.

Wrong wrong wrong

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
A Stock R32 GTST RB20DET powered car would be close but the R33 is the RB25DET and would be quicker. Also MathoSSV is right the R33 only has 187kw at the flywheel.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
hama
GTST is 180KW at the motor going buy the specs. so does indeed have less power and torque. im not sensationalising here an old sports car and modern v6 ute do on paper appear equal in the real world there is only one way to find out.

remeber we are takling bog stock factory