Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Silver Laser

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Crap removed, member temp banned.

Enjoy your thread again bud.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Sorry about that guys, and sorry for fouling up the thread.

Anyways, what sub are you gonna run mate? Get yourself a decent 12" and build a ported box, and godamn will it be loud in that little laser.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
haha yeah, its a clarion SB12XB sub & an amp thats no longer continued :S its 400w i think...
got it installed yesterday along with the exhaust...the exhaust is subtle and i like the sound, nothing like a cannon :)
and the sub...little disappointed so far...because my h/u doesnt have RCA's its run off hi-low something or other? is taht right :S no idea....so yeah, thinkin about gettin a new clarion headunit with mem stick input and such...$270...what u guys think??
plus the amp is tuned down atm to let the sub run in.

cheers

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Agreed, but make sure it has 3 RCA outputs if you are gonna run sub/s

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
3 out puts are great and on most units now in a decent price range.
i love having 4 speakers and one sub all with their own rca's, no low pass filter for me haha.

not a bad car, but i wouldn't put too much into it at all, a modded laser probly won't hold as much value as a stock one. plus for 7 to 10 grand you can get some sweet as vs/vt commodores these days.

have fun man, should be reliable.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
It's true! ^^^^ Save your money for a Commodore dude. The money you would put into the Laser stereo wise etc, would be better spent on a hell clean VN - VS. And because you will get shafted with the new P plate modification laws, that basically only means you can spend money on cosmetic stuff and stereo.

Imagine how much further your money will stretch when you don't have to spend money on performance gear. It will go all into stereo and body / interior work! You will have a mint looking Commodore in no time!!

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yeah true...but im taking the cheap route...takin the sub amp, and if i get the new headunit, that too and putting that in my next car...or upgrading if i really think its worthwile :p yea the h/u has 3 rca's and the sub doesnt sound too bad at all for not havin a direct sub drive :) but yeah, im happy :)
this car will do until i take time to save up the funds for the next car :) and im pretty sure im leaning towards a nice fat VX for the nxt one :) see how i go :D

cheers

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Just get a decent loud sub for the Laser, so when you chuck it in a Commodore later, it doesn't sound like crap.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
not a bad car to start with frandy, if it sounds better you can call it a mazda 323?

ive got that clarion sub/amp/box pack that you appear to have gotton, it goes alright for a 300w rms sub and 120w rms amp, oh and whats this run in you where told, ive had mine going as hard it would possibly go since day 1 lol,

the laser will get you around quite well for a while but dont go spendings wads of money on it, if youve got your heart set on a commo,