Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Silver VY Manual

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Yeah no worries.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Times were pretty average out the drags, but considering it was 36c I couldn't have hoped for much. Best time was 14.417 @ 93.85mph Reaction time of 0.142. Was incredibly hard working out how to run on slick. They worked best when you get the revs up to near on redline and go for it. The plus for the day is I got a trophy for runner up in street class. 7 wins, 2 loses.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Worked out I put down 180rwkw from the times verses the weight of my car. Not bad for a tune that hasn't been touched since I've fitted the kit. Too poor to get it changed at the moment since it requires driving 2000km+ just to have it done.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
yeah your figures are about right mate. I average about 185rwkw on a dyno and do 14.4 @ 96mph with 2.1 60" times. That is with the stage 1 (non intercooled) Raptor kit on my VXII. With Slicks I have been told you have to warm them up good as well. With street tyres only enough to get the water off them otherwise they get 'greasy'.

It been great watching your buildup bloke, you are doing NT proud :)

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Here it is in black and white.

Attachments

• time_slip.jpg
    time_slip.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 216

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Yeah, but I'm really not confident about the dyno here. Plus if I do mail order, I could be sending it back and forth a dozen times before it's close. Not that rich yet.

Tim? Your input here would be valuable. Do you think getting it tune through the mail with the twin throttles would be a option? Tune still hasn't been touched from day dot and time hasn't been my friend since I got the car done.

fmlycar

6appeal
Reaction score
Members Ride
308rwkw 180sx
Couple extra shots

Attachments

• drag_racing.jpg
    drag_racing.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Line_up.jpg
    Line_up.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 221

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
yeh u can use EFI live these days i think its called? dunno if its avaliable for the v6, can be done on lsx, but ur tuner can send u a tune via email i believe and can be touched up etc how u like. but u need access to a laptop and i think u have to buy the software and cable. i think u can even play with the tune urself.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
sorry if its been asked before but why havnt you got the standard s pack rear bumper?