Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Simmons from TempeTyres?

oohitsLUCAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
well this is what my research brought me...

After simmons shut down shop awhile ago, tempe tyres bought out all the tools to recreate the FR series simmons ( no other models ), when they bought these they decided on ideas for the FR20 ( which comes in a 20"x8 through to a 20"x14 ) and also coming out with a heavily reinforced FR22 ( which also came out in these sizes ), using different reinforcements then what simmons was originally using which is ment to have created a "stronger and better quality" quality.

Although these rims are very close if not almost identical to the originals created in simmons factories, there are minor differences ( mainly in the different reinforcements in which tempe have put in ). Although expensive these wheels come out brand new asif bought from simmons.

Dont hold me to word with any of this information as you shouldnt believe everything you hear on the internet.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
What i've read in Tempe site, they have all the old Simmons molds/tooling and will be making all of them, even Tony Simmons helping out.

MR_RX3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR - V6 BT1
i had a customer once who paid $8000 for a set of rays eng wheels for his R34 GTR... 18"s no tyres... the guy was insane.

Thats nuts .. $8000 just for 4 rims .... Hope they were made from gold .... buy another car for that lol

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No offense but your going to run wheels worth more then the car?

Aero86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commo, Vx Commo, AP6 Val
simmons have always been close to 1000 bucks a rim, so the new price is nothing to bad

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
Does anyone know if Tempe are only reproducing or will they do repairs like Simmons used to? because if you buy some and their like the originals then you are bound to bend/damage one and need repairs and you don't want to be forced into new just because you hit pothole or misjudged the gutter.

WNTDVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato & Evo VII.
Lol, don't try and make out that Simmons were poor quality/soft wheels by inferring that they were easily bent.

That is 100% a poor quality driver issue....

There's plenty of good wheel repairers around who could refinish them should they become damaged. If you damaged them beyond repair, you were never forced into a new wheel anyway as they're a three piece wheel...

.FOREVER SIDEWAYZ.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Lumina Wagon
tempe tyres prices on the website are per set tyres and fitting included..

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
Lol, don't try and make out that Simmons were poor quality/soft wheels by inferring that they were easily bent.

That is 100% a poor quality driver issue....

There's plenty of good wheel repairers around who could refinish them should they become damaged. If you damaged them beyond repair, you were never forced into a new wheel anyway as they're a three piece wheel...

If you took the time to read my question I did not say that Simmons Wheels were in some way inferior or bend easily but it happens, I only wanted to know if (like Simmons used to) Tempe tyres repair them as well as sell them, because no matter how good YOU think you are sometimes things go wrong and if repairs are not available then its a new rim. BTW I do know their 3 piece, I have owned this brand before and used in competition and seen the results of close racing on wheels... have you because your experience is showing?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You are not actually buying Simmons Wheels, you are buying Simmons "style' Wheels made by Tempe. Even using the original tooling doesn't make them Simmons unless Tempe has bought the name as well. They may have permission to make them, but in my opinion they are not Simmons.