Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

simple anderson plug with spst switch what am I doing wrong?

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
Hi Guys,

Trying to wire up a simple anderson plug circuit for a project of mine, I'm having trouble getting the illumination led to light when the circuit is on.

Disconnecting pin 3 and the circuit works fine, but the led works fine, but with pin 3 connected the circuit must go through the led part of the switch because the voltage drops. what am I doing wrong with pin 3?

The button is a jaycar button, I've attached a data sheet.
kabota anderson plug diagram.png

https://www.jaycar.com.au/red-latching-ip65-pushbutton-switch/p/SP0759

https://www.jaycar.com.au/medias/sys_master/images/9133487554590/SP0759-dataSheetMain.pdf

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
Remove power from number 1 and put it on number 2, put the power out to the load on number 2 and the led signal to 3.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Not sure about that Jaycar switch, but when using a 3 terminal LED on/off switch for spotlights one of the terminals needed to be earthed for the LED to light up when the spotlights were activated.
Not 100% sure, but I think it was the terminal that is labelled as "load" that needed to be earthed for the LED to work....Packaging usually has a wiring diagram on it for reference

Last edited:

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
Not sure about that Jaycar switch, but when using a 3 terminal LED on/off switch for spotlights one of the terminals needed to be earthed for the LED to light up when the spotlights were activated.
Not 100% sure, but I think it was the terminal that is labelled as "load" that needed to be earthed for the LED to work....Packaging usually has a wiring diagram on it for reference

The bottom of the pins just has 1, 2 and 3 written on it.

speedyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
Remove power from number 1 and put it on number 2, put the power out to the load on number 2 and the led signal to 3.

Do you mean swap terminals 2 and 1 around by any chance?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The data sheet has what you are looking for....

BA9BDC7A-9197-4482-97CE-97DE3151A32B.jpeg

Wire the 12Vdc via the fuse to pin-2, wire pin-1 to the positive of the Anderson plug, wire the negative pin of the Anderson back to ground, wire pin-3 to ground (a light weight wire is suitable for pin-3).

I.e. the Anderson plug is simply the ‘load’ in the diagram above.