Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIngle turbo install on vx ss

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Haha what else dont you have then pumps etc?

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
yea pumps. should i run twin pumps or single and what size and what regulator. the kit is only running a gt35 turbo so its not real big but might up grade later on so i want the fuel system to be able to cop a bit more if need be. where did u get your surge tank from

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Go with twin 044 pumps mounted like my single.
Got mine done through Enhanced automotive here in Adelaide they also do the twin set-up.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Anytime..Bloke.

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
044 pumps are not the ideal way to go, they are a noisy over rated pain in the ass and few ppl use them now days. Use twin Walbro external pumps which is what most ppl have realised is the way to go. They are whisper quiet and flow nearly the same as an 044. They are half the price and draw half the current. GSL 392 is the pump you want. Run a Turbosmart FPR1200 and some billet rails. Its a bit tricky setting up extra fuel lines and fittings but well worth the effort.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea thanks for that mate i just got a 4lt surge tank with 044 brackets hopefully the walbro ones will fit. Yea i think i might get my tuner to set up the fuel system i might mount it all but he can hook it up.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
do i have to take the motor out or can i leave it in to fit this kit. also i was thinking about feeding the oil back in through the timing cover some one said some think about a bung the that can be taken out and used for the oil feed is this true.

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
I thought your kit would have come with instructions? My kits come with full installation instructions with photos and detailed descriptions. Took me a while to put the document together but it is much easier for those who want to do the install themselves.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea it probably did when old mate first got it but he might have lost it. i got it off him brand new never installed with a couple little things missing so yea did you take your donk out.