Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single turbo vs ecotec build

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
hey guys you can all call me mr mechanic lol i got the gearbox out no trouble at all so this is my 1st sort of what biggish job iv done or the most hardest i guess heres a pic to prove it

gearbox.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha persaverance and its out nice one mate

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Onya m8, did you use the tractor to lift the car on its side :wax: or forget to rotate the photo :dance:

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
hahhaha forgot to rotate the pic lol was a biot of a lazy attemt good idea tho might try the car tipping next time

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Done it years ago mate, went to pick up a M20 4spd out of a Torana and when i got there it was still in the car, the guy was stuffing around then his mates showed up and wanted to get on the piss so i got them to tip it on its side, coupla bolts later i just walked up to the car and lifted it off easy as - grabbed the rear sway bar while i was at it:thumbsup:

He'd been crawling around underneath for ages, his mates thought it was a great joke some dude showin up and plucking it out in minutes

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
Done it years ago mate, went to pick up a M20 4spd out of a Torana and when i got there it was still in the car, the guy was stuffing around then his mates showed up and wanted to get on the piss so i got them to tip it on its side, coupla bolts later i just walked up to the car and lifted it off easy as - grabbed the rear sway bar while i was at it:thumbsup:

He'd been crawling around underneath for ages, his mates thought it was a great joke some dude showin up and plucking it out in minutes

hahahaha thats hilirious lol wish i could

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
so it turns out putting the gearbox in is mission impossible im gunna have to wait and see what happens i dont think i have the patience to put it in

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Go on have another go. If u really want it going u will get it in and its not impossible i reckon its easier than getting it out.
Matt.

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah man, nice bit of wood inbetween the jack and pan VERY carefully ballanced and take it nice and slow mate, steady as she goes, constantly checking its not snagging/rubbing on anything.

or

put a matress beside the car and tip it on its side :whistling:whistling:whistling not!
sorry couldnt resist that, late and too much coffee