Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single turbo vs ecotec build

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
now thats the kiwi spirit good too see the kiwi lads helping where they can wont be long and it will be boosting again at this rate. just got the box out ready to bolt the new one too the engine and drop in at the same time as the block .may just slap the heads on with the old headgaskets yet they look ok really and it will be ok too have a weak link anyway theyn are in one peice still should seal fine.transplant some rods and pistons reuse the old bigend bearings she will be alive again hopefully by morning.hope to have it running by morning anyway even if we dont have it moving. if we dont run into any issues plane flys out early so may be an allnighter ide say quick shower in the morning and off to the plane :thumbsup:

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
It's fun watching this thread, I like the get on with it attitude lol.

You may want to check the heads for a good seal before you bolt em back on. One or two of the valves may have got something under the seat briefly when it let go. Should cost all of a few bucks to have a reco joint check em out

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
well motor is back in one peice strapped to the new gearbox and back in the car time for a shower and sleep its 1:40am so i can make it too the plane on time donor engine has suffered a little blowby on the pistons but they have to be better than pistons with holes :whistling close to all done just needs the gearbox mount done driveshaft shoved up its bum exhaust manifolds and fluids really well shower calling im out LOL

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Great news, but i guess it doesnt leave u any time to finish the tuning off.
Just remember not to go bumping the boost up to much untill u get a chance to finish the tune. Its hard, but try.
Matt.

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
Great news, but i guess it doesnt leave u any time to finish the tuning off.
Just remember not to go bumping the boost up to much untill u get a chance to finish the tune. Its hard, but try.
Matt.

hey yeah cheers im going to attempt to put everything back together lol but jsut going to take my time and i will try not to lol

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
if you need help, i come off night shift after wednesday. can come down for a 1/2day or something

i would love to get some help putting the wires back in the right places lol and gearbox mounted and **** although i am not able to take time off work just yet but i do get 3 hours off a day at the moment

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha im outta here man at the airport your on your own lol ill help via messenger its not too hard shame i didnt have one day left we would of been boosting again.least its tuned to 7-8 psi when you get it together again.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
home again bloody good landing with 40 knot winds in a plane the size of a school bus she was fun as :yeah: lifes back to the slow lane the pushbike is gonna be so slow after boosting in the VS :cry: better start my turbo project now i think :w00t:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i would love to get some help putting the wires back in the right places lol and gearbox mounted and **** although i am not able to take time off work just yet but i do get 3 hours off a day at the moment

howz about thursday morning, figure i can be there by about 10am. i just gotta be home to get the kids from school in the arvo.

shouldn't take long to get the trans bolted up, driveshaft and sort the wiring loom.