Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single turbo vs ecotec build

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
haha just had a look at it mate, good cheap starting point. try my addy you e-mail

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
That would clean up alright but its a dreaded series 1 motor. Good luck with the first one it will be a better starting point.
Back on topic, any updates?

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
so theres going to be an influx of turbo v6 commys in nz soon lol.....

Trademe is getting to be a pain, i used to buy cheap motors all the time, i couldnt find a series 2 with under 250km on it this time had to settle for a series 1 but am going to change the heads shortly (thought would be a good precaution as i can have a looksy before i fit it anyway)

DelcoWizzid do you have a good working tune for a buick? or just for the ecotech? will be running a cheap gt35 gated at 8psi and have plymouth 69's injectors when he gets his new ones

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah mate a have something for the buick and a 2bar sensor here

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
awesome, my mate has a v6 powered buick (front wheel drive one) and is getting lots of parts sent over from america - (wouldnt believe how soo many tiny differences there are between the holden v6 and his) so ill get a 2 bar sent over with it all

one more truck to sand and i can afford my turbo lol...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That would clean up alright but its a dreaded series 1 motor. Good luck with the first one it will be a better starting point.
Back on topic, any updates?

The theory is that Cylinder 5? I think it was, cooks on the Series 1. Where were you breaking the rods from? back of the motor?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i wonder if thats why the series 2 inlet manifold has different coolant passages pulling coolant flow from different head ports to circulate coolant round the block better.back on topic to answer matts question on updates hes got it running again but shes a little tappy in the top end and can be heard out the exhaust sometimes may need the VT heads slapped on might have damaged a valve and the new shiftkitted gearbox doesnt have 3rd or 4th gear :bang:

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
im pissed that gearbox must be fkd it cost me fkin heaps to get it insatlled into the pos fkin gearbox should of got it put in mine

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
rip it out and take it back. must be some sort of warranty on his work.

what was done? only a shift kit and servo or was it a full rebuild? where did the boxcome from?