Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single turbo vs ecotec build

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
the box was from the wreckers and just had new filter and pump i think and shift kit and corvete servo put in so i hear its got a burt out 3/4 clutch

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
righto boys poll time does he get another box from the wreckers and swap the shift kit over and hope for the best or do we put it in the old box .old box didnt shift too badly really but it has been behind the sc14 for a while and was starting to slip when i pumped the boost up over 8psi and the diff sounds rooted so the box must be similar to the diff in condition i reckon pretty thrashed.

plymoth ide be pulling all the new bits out the box before going back to the wrecker dont leave the pump in there if you are gonna swap for another box i wonder if it had drive written on the side of it in twink cause it didnt have drive LOL i allways wondered why that was on there.is it the same wrecker who sold us the dead alternator then tried charging more for a new one .if only they were like the lads at "HORNE ENGINEERING" where we got the coolant sensor adapter made for $5 bucks those guys were mighty helpfull especially since the guy who did it didnt even work there he was just saving the day while all the workers were on there lunch break glad his dad owned the place and he was there at the time really did save the whole week of tuning really.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
T700 time:) that's my vote

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hahaha dont say that ill have to repin another ecu LOL least with a 4L60 we have a bit better control over the shifts than with a TV cable box but we could go full manual on either easy enough all the parts are in the transgo box ready to make it full manual if we want.and the 4L60E is about 8 kilos lighter than T700 :D was looking at full master rebuild kits last night all new frictions and clutches seals etc for about $380

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
i wonder if thats why the series 2 inlet manifold has different coolant passages pulling coolant flow from different head ports to circulate coolant round the block better.back on topic to answer matts question on updates hes got it running again but shes a little tappy in the top end and can be heard out the exhaust sometimes may need the VT heads slapped on might have damaged a valve and the new shiftkitted gearbox doesnt have 3rd or 4th gear :bang:

hoping series 2 top end sorts it - but im putting the heads and all on it so should do the trick

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
yeah the same wrecker as the alternator guy yeah i just dont know what my best bet will be aye as i think the box is prob had a hard life but wreckers 1 prob done a million myles yeah where where those full rebuild kits from might be m best bet?

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
I reckon better the devil you know mate - with the new bits. With the grunt you are chucking at it i wouldn't muck around with wrecking yard specials. The only other real option is to see hmm been awhile- Kevin? at Auto trans in Aucks. They been doin autos for drag cars etc forever, its a bit of a bullet to bite but you get what ya pay for - reliability

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
mate i'd chuck ur old one back in with the shift kit an cervo in it, send the wreckers one back to him.
Dirve ur old one till it does wat mine does (drops out of gear every now an again LOL) then worry bout it then , but hey im a maori and do **** the cheap way but the my 2 cents worth =D

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
serious tho thats what im planning on doing jsut gunna cost another 2 hundie to get the kit into the other box