Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skaife to retire

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Like who??

Hyundai? lol.

Thats not as funny as it may sound.
The Hyundai genesis has a 4.6 litre V8 with a very respectable 280 KW.
Whilst I realize that this does not automatically make a V8 supercar, it goes to show that they have a V8 sedan that could be modified (just like the commodore and the falcons are) to be a race car.
We all know that Toyota are interested in the V8's and they have the aurion which if they wanted to could make a limited addition rear wheel drive V8 and put there head in the ring, they have access to the lexus parts bin so not hard for them to do it at all (although the costs would be hard to justify).

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Thats not as funny as it may sound.
The Hyundai genesis has a 4.6 litre V8 with a very respectable 280 KW.
Whilst I realize that this does not automatically make a V8 supercar, it goes to show that they have a V8 sedan that could be modified (just like the commodore and the falcons are) to be a race car.
We all know that Toyota are interested in the V8's and they have the aurion which if they wanted to could make a limited addition rear wheel drive V8 and put there head in the ring, they have access to the lexus parts bin so not hard for them to do it at all (although the costs would be hard to justify).

Nah its just as funny as it sounds if you asked me :p

Like Hyundai are going to pour HUGE amounts of money into it...for what? How many sales? Even Ford can't justify supporting any more than 2 teams anymore. Its no longer win on sunday sell on monday so why do it? Who will sponsor Hyundai over Ford and Holden? What about getting drivers on board? Building the actual car...suspension, engines, transmissions etc... And for the first 3-4 years atleast they'll be at the back of the pack.

The only two manufacturers that would ever actually do it are Toyota and Mitsubishi. Toyota have already said they don't want to do it and Mitsubishi don't have the money to do it here nor the need now the 380 is gone.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
remember that for the V8supercar class it must be rear wheel drive (use control parts) and a pushrod 5liter engine. doesn't matter what parts bin they have laying around. both mitsi and toycar don't do 5ltr pushrod V8's to begin with

and to clarify, Murph is the fastest man around bathurst :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
When my spaz brother was in hospital a few years back, We sent emails to FPV and 888 racing to give him a cheer up. FPV sent him a letter get well. 888 sent him a little saying they were in the process of changing sponsor. This all took 2 months:p..
So just to be a smart **** as he was ford and i was holden, I contacted HRT:D.. They sent him a letter poster hat!:p.. And wasn't he shocked all signed by skaife and Kelly.

He was always seen as an arrogant prick, But in person he wasn't usually a gentlemen which i never had an issue with.

On his driving. I started to believe his bad luck was starting to get on top of him. He was still a fast driver, But that bad luck was weighing him down. Then bathurst his track the man who is the fastest around there, He crashed the car in front and it might have hurt him more then anything else.
I hope he drives in endurance races still we shouldn't loose him altogether.

Thats a great thing for them to do :thumbsup:

I will be sad to see him go, he has always made the most of what he had at the time and had the success to show for it. I for one didn't realise how old he was. As for him being arrogant, don't you think that he would have to be, he is a race car driver, he has to believe that he is the best, confidence is everything.

I may not have liked everything he said, but he was a straight shooter, you knew what he was thinking simply because he said what he thaught.

See you back at bathurst Skaife.

Last edited:

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
remember that for the V8supercar class it must be rear wheel drive (use control parts) and a pushrod 5liter engine. doesn't matter what parts bin they have laying around. both mitsi and toycar don't do 5ltr pushrod V8's to begin with

and to clarify, Murph is the fastest man around bathurst :)

Holden and ford dont have 5 litre pushrod engines either.
They havent for a number of years, holden and ford also dont have a sequential gearbox in there road cars.
Just cause they dont have access to the parts on the road doesnt mean they cant get access on the track.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden and ford dont have 5 litre pushrod engines either.
They havent for a number of years, holden and ford also dont have a sequential gearbox in there road cars.
Just cause they dont have access to the parts on the road doesnt mean they cant get access on the track.

true, but they both did have and are still based upon those engines. the gearbox is a control item and as such all other interested parties would be required to use em just like the control brakes, engine management, diffs, wheels, fuel etc etc etc.

which wheels are driven on the toyota aurion or the mitsi 380? both the most likely candidates for the V8supercars class

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
which wheels are driven on the toyota aurion or the mitsi 380? both the most likely candidates for the V8supercars class

Read my previous post #31, It addresses that (in relation to the Aurion anyway).
Who knows what the next model update may hold ?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Read my previous post #31, It addresses that (in relation to the Aurion anyway).
Who knows what the next model update may hold ?

fair nuff, didn't see that. i think that maybe chrysler may be interested....300C

unfortunatly with the current economic climate i don't see car manufacturers going out of there way to spend a fortune to get there foot into a racing catergory

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
After marks crash at Bahrain yesterday. I have never seen him so relaxed after an accident before. He now seems settled and not worried by it all.