Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skappa's new(er) VX Wagon!

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
It has been quite some time between updates for the wagon so I may as well post an update.
Diff shat itself at the start of June so I got a VY SS LSD 3.08 diff for $250, bargain! It was more hassle than what it was worth installing it though.

Serviced it last month (I do every 10,000km) with some STP 15W40 from Supercheap and a new filter.
5 days later I was driving home from North Adelaide CBD area and the car was surging and struggling to accelerate so I pulled over to see if I could do some troubleshooting.
It seemed to idle fine but every time I touched the throttle something was knocking, badly. Took the belt off because the tensioner was going crazy and it was still knocking.
Bye bye V6, you lasted nearly 16 years and 330,000km.

Now I'm on the hunt for a rear end written off ute or Statesman, going to the auctions at the end of the month and I've got my eye on a WK LS1 wth 140,XXX on the clock.
Here's hoping she'll be coming home with me :)

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Oh no !

I'm up to 295 xxx country Kays. I'll have to make sure not to go anywhere so I don't get to 330 XXX.

Another guy here (Neddy Bear) has a VX v6 with about 285 xxx but he's got a whole other engine waiting for when it's needed. I sure don't !

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
I did have a spare V6 with around 180,XXX on it last year but sold it, oh well.
I'll just sell the anchor cheap when it gets yanked out.
One of the most annoying things is that I bought another Power Steering Pump to install as well, took it back to Sprints with my receipt but they won't accept it because it doesn't say what model the pump is for.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
That is annoying. It's not your fault if their receipt is inadequate. I guess you get to decide where to buy from next time.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Oh no !

I'm up to 295 xxx country Kays. I'll have to make sure not to go anywhere so I don't get to 330 XXX.

Another guy here (Neddy Bear) has a VX v6 with about 285 xxx but he's got a whole other engine waiting for when it's needed. I sure don't !

These engines are really cheap anyway. I got $200 for the 170,000km engine I just took out of my wagon. and that was decent...

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
So, nothing has happened since the last update, time to sell the wagon.

It has been a fantastic economic daily for the last two and a years, minimal issues but time for better and faster.
My choices were either sink another $8k into the wagon for what I want to achieve or just buy another car with the goodies already there for the same price, second choice wins. New thread when new car is purchased!

LS1 time!!!
wpml_yahoo.gif
wpml_yahoo.gif
wpml_yahoo.gif
wpml_yahoo.gif