Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skylines

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Ok, just a heads up, dont even bother signing up with Boostcruising if you own anything that wasnt made in zipperland...

I joined just to see some sale items and what not, as im looking for some 19s or 20s, and i thought id post my ride...

LMFAO look at the kind of response i get...

You have to be kidding me? how can you compare a Skyline all of which are a engineering master piece in their own right in which all the parts were japanese made where compared... to a old school commodore... where they borrow the buick v6, not to mention where they borrowed japanese technology for the vl and then failed at that due to the diff gears.... by the sounds of it all holdens tend to do and dont get me wrong i am a holden fan but all they seem to do is borrow everyone else's ideas.

an engineering master piece... wow. Skylines must be awesome.. ****ing wanker.

What u think? This is half the reason i hate skylines, coz the owners think god designed skylines or something...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well, he has a point, in comparison to a VN Commodore they are an engineering masterpiece :p

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
what was the comment about the diff gears in vl's referring to? i have no idea when it comes to those commodores.

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Looks at the comparison in year model... and price?

All i was comparing was the tail lights, i said the skylines lights are just as ugly as the lights on my car and he started dribbling ****

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Read up on the 32-34 GT-Rs :) I would call them engineering masterpieces.

I honestly dont c whats so farkin good about them. Am i missing something? sounds of things, that guy must love fast n furious...
Drive then comment. I've only ever driven 2 skylines, neither was particularly upper spec, a 32 GTS-T and a 34 GT-T or along those lines, I don't really know my skylines :) but they were impressive to drive.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Sorta agree, the technology in a skyrine compared to a VN is much greater.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
pfft we all know that the aus delivered r31 skylines are the pic of the bunch. a future classic haha.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yeah, a VN has got nothing compared to a Skyline of comparable age.

Even my jap built 2006 suzuki vitara has better build quality than the VE. Everything lines up spot on, exterior, interior, you name it.

Its silver, and the paint is the same colour and shade on all parts, even on the plastic bumpers, something which Holden never really managed to get right.

When the jap crowd hang **** on the build quality/engineering of holdens, its probably best you not argue the point cos you certainly won't be convincing anyone.

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
So.... Whats the problem here?

I dont frequent boostcruising myself. I assume its for turbo charges (aka jap) cars.. In which case its not the place for commodores. From my previous brush ins, i think its a place of scum n villainy.

I do regulary visit the nissansilvia.com and xfalcon.com forums. However I dont bother talking about my commodore on those forums. Just like i dont make it a habit to talk about my other cars on here. Why? Because there is a place for everything and everything in its place. You have at least 3 commodore only forums to choose from, so bother looking elsewhere for commodore related stuff?

Also, why would you hate perfectly good cars because their owners are tossers?

Wouldnt you also hate every make and model then? Because suer as hell some owners are bogans, morons, idiots or just plain complete f-tards?