Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

slight shake at 2500rpm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
ok dude be happy ur right, ill go throw my good coils out now nd go get a 2nd set from the wreckers, LOLLLL, FUEL INJECTORS CAN BE 15 OUT OF 31-33 ENGINE PROBLEMS ur coil pack vs the injectors lets go, coil packs will play up hard all the time acceleration is on, my engine is playing up during a point, not misfiring all the time.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i am not advising to replace any parts without proper testing
especially not with unknown condition parts from a wreckers
i am suggesting spend more time testing those areas before moving on to something else
i would definately get a scope on the crank angle sensor, both channels
and perform a power balance test
i am not sure who told you injectors account for 50% of all engine problems but i have not found this to be the case

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
Gonna be doing my injectors anyway but I know why it may be the problem, putting on my 60 mm tb tomorrow nd seeing what car does, dnt think my bigger tb is matched and need to update memical, I have one already in there then the stock one which I was hoping to learn the bigger tb but looks like I need to get the memical to suit which I can.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
New coolant temp sensor & New Inlet Manifold Gaskets may solve it, other than that maybe the fuel reg is not doing it's job, BTW if you're running your vehicle with no air filter the MAF becomes the next stop point for foreign material. If plugs are dirty pull them out & give the contact points a clean with a wire brush & contact cleaner, you can get a MAF complete for 30 dollars from wreckers rather than attempting to clean it - also the TPS could be long in the tooth as well. There are 2 separate issues here, I would be connecting my OBD2 to assess the situation at hand if it is frustrating you to this degree, I wish you luck with the fix mate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
Every thing u said has been replaced, thanks for mentioning them though, pretty sure ill solve it, and I have read if missing through speed range it can be injectors, there 17 years old, I think its time to replace them as I have mainly everything else renewed.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Have you cleaned out the plenum chamber ?? It may be stalling the air at certain speeds from a gunk build up inside . Airflow might be higher in one intake runner and restricted in another due to crap directing it differently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
Yes I have I blasted them out with tb cleaner, the car idles to perfect and is fine above 4000 rpm........ the car still is struggling to hold revs on start up at hot it drops revs then comes back up, checked everything to earths have fixed everything besides the injectors, dirty injectors will cause alot of problems, soon ill have new ones I have the 60 mm tb back on to and its clean, spark is fine, air is fine,injectors unsure, time for new set.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
Hesitation or stumble during acceleration, 1. Ignition system not operating properly
2.dirty or clogged fuel injectors
3.low fuel pressure
4.fuel injection system or ecu problems
I put my money on 2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
YAYYY :D car dosent get past 70 ks now either a blocked fuel filter or fuel pump or injectors hahahahaha ####ing piece of **** knew it was leading to something defs the fuel side now :) easy repair under quater tank if I needa replace the fuel pump easy work as most whinge about it but its probs not even it im putting it on injectors or filter haha im sure regulators ok as I would be smelling and losing fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt holden
Can get a new pump and filter installed for 460 and injectors for 90 so fuel system refreashed for 550 bucks if I wanna do regulator there 60 so 610 bucks isnt to bad for new stock fuel system.