Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slimline Plates

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
hello,

Does anybody know how much it would be to get slimline plates? not personalised, and not coloured? just the normal blue on white, but the slim ones?

thank-you.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If you want slimlines, I think you have to pay a re-issue fee of about $90 if you want to keep the same numbers but if you want slimlines there is a fee but the numbers will be different as they are just handed over at the counter. I think you pay $27 for the plates and $11 for slims as shown on the Vic Roads Web site. See:
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/randl/NumberPlateFees2006.pdf

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
$60-80 I think, not sure exactly.. I know replacing personalised slim line is about $100..

Cehck the Vicroads website, it says exactly..

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
its about $50, for sure, my mate got them a week ago, im gettin some soon, unless i decide to go ahead with my custom plates

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
it all depends on wat slimeline plates you get, if you get the standard ones with no reflective i think its cheaper but if u get the reflective ones its more, my boss got ones for his car costing him around 100 for black

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
anyone know about QLD slimline plates ?..

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Got QLD plates 2 months ago, with the little extra plate for bike racks (or to put up in the shed!) was something like $420. This was slim front normal size back. About 20 for the extra little plate, just look on the 'ppq'site has prices and availability.
Cheers
Dan

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
well i rang vicroads, and they said it was around $63. like $26 each for replacement plates, then an extra $11 for slimline.

they told me they you order it over the phone, and they send it to you in the mail. i thought that you would need to hand in your old plates. weird.

OFFiTS

..::kRiiSSi::..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
vic roads fees went up as of july 1st, but they were $48.60 for slimlines, they went up like $1.30 or something.

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I was at VICROADS SEYMOUR about a month ago and i asked about slimlines but i only want one for the front as i have seen cars in the past with one normal size plate and one slimline.I forget exactly how much was'nt to dear at all but the lady told me i could order a single duplicate slimline plate that way i can have normal size at the rear and limline on the front.