Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smartphone compatible with bluetooth and holden-IQ

basilb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I've looked at the holden online guide and there are precious few that are 100% compatible. Even the Iphone4 seems to fail. Given that the list is incomplete who has real life experience with a decent smartphone which can auto connect, do hands free voice calls without touching the phone, show phone book & caller ID etc. Even my old Nokia seems more capable then modern smartphones it seems.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
no problems here with an iphone4

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
They write this as they can not guarantee that another manufactures product will work with Holden's systems.

Most new smartphones will work.

This is a precautionary, if they say it will work and it doesn't then it is up to Holden to fix. If Holden say it may or work than it is up to the phone manufacture to fix.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
My Samsung Galaxy S2 works fine with the bluetooth & IQ.

Cilyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV series 2 Ute
My iPhone4 works fine through bluetooth IQ. Music quality is lower than through USB, but none the less it's great.

basilb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My Samsung Galaxy S2 works fine with the bluetooth & IQ.

So you can voice dial without touching the phone and you can access the phone contact book? I tried with a borrowed Galaxy S2 and it didn't work. The phone would connect & I could make calls from the phone but no voice dial & no access to the phone book via the holden-iq panel.

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
Yep - I've got a Samsung Galaxy and same thing - no voice dial, no phone book, no call history and no caller ID... :(